Author Topic: Another September Buck  (Read 187 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline grazan

  • Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1059
  • "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
Another September Buck
« on: September 23, 2026, 07:48:58 AM »
Bucks walking around https://youtu.be/smYD8dud3Fc
"FISHING IS A JERK ON ONE END OF  A LINE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER" Robert Hughes.. If you hunt or fish you should be a member of https://www.backcountryhunters.org, https://www.deerassociation.com/ AND https://www.nwtf.org/  & https://www.howlforwildlife.org/join?recruiter_id=23492

Offline Rickhem

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
Re: Another September Buck
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2026, 09:41:32 AM »
You definitely have a nice area with more than a few antlered bucks. 
I'm finding that my cameras are only getting spikes and forkhorns again.  Seems like this is an ongoing pattern for me on my land, lots of deer, tons of does and young ones, and a few groups of younger bucks roaming around, but I don't get anything bigger on camera until around early/mid October.  Then they start showing up at licking branches, or moving through gaps in the treelines and other choke points where I have cameras.  I see them when the rut starts, and I know they're out there, but for whatever reason, I don't get them on the cameras until October.  Hoping I start seeing them soon.

Offline grazan

  • Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1059
  • "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
Re: Another September Buck
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2026, 09:49:14 AM »
this spot always has bucks thru September ... than October they all vanish ....
"FISHING IS A JERK ON ONE END OF  A LINE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER" Robert Hughes.. If you hunt or fish you should be a member of https://www.backcountryhunters.org, https://www.deerassociation.com/ AND https://www.nwtf.org/  & https://www.howlforwildlife.org/join?recruiter_id=23492

Offline greensider

  • Super Hero Member
  • *******
  • Posts: 7343
Re: Another September Buck
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2026, 11:48:15 AM »
Won't be long it's coming fast

 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal