NY hunting forum, NY fishing forum, New York Hunting and Fishing Forum
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Home
Forum
Help
Calendar
Contact
Login
Register
New York Sportsmen
»
Fishing- In The New York Area
»
New York Freshwater Fishing
»
First time fish
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: First time fish (Read 398 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
greensider
Super Hero Member
Posts: 7342
First time fish
«
on:
August 29, 2026, 06:52:50 PM »
I have caught over 50 species of fish in NY with rod and net this is my first what I believe is a stonecat actually caught a few while catching crayfish
Logged
MUSKRAT
NYS Supporter
Super Hero Member
Posts: 2193
Re: First time fish
«
Reply #1 on:
August 30, 2026, 07:14:28 AM »
I never heard of these fish ?
Logged
you cook good rabbit pilgrim
I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .
greensider
Super Hero Member
Posts: 7342
Re: First time fish
«
Reply #2 on:
August 30, 2026, 06:14:21 PM »
Also lots of sculpin in the same creek also a cool little fish
Logged
JayBay
Full Member
Posts: 138
Re: First time fish
«
Reply #3 on:
September 07, 2026, 08:43:25 AM »
Not positive, but I believe the catfish looking fish is called a madtom. That's actually a pretty big one, that's about as big as they get.
Logged
greensider
Super Hero Member
Posts: 7342
Re: First time fish
«
Reply #4 on:
September 07, 2026, 09:35:01 PM »
My first thought as well but most of the photos I saw looked more like a stonecat either way thought it was cool
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
New York Sportsmen
»
Fishing- In The New York Area
»
New York Freshwater Fishing
»
First time fish
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal