Hunting- In The New York Area > New York Bow Hunting

Please Help!!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

DXT:

--- Quote from: Tippin'Scales on November 09, 2019, 07:23:14 PM ---I had my first deer shot with a crossbow also in close about 15y I had very little blood on arrow and didn't start bleeding for about 20y from shot. I think the xbow is so fast in close mot a ton of blood is on arrow at times.

If some stomach contents on arrow I'd say look in morning and hopefully it's not far .

--- End quote ---
Good point Pat. I only shot one with a crossbow,  and now that I think about it I didn't get much blood on my arrow or blood trail, it was a good hit and  heard her crash, but your right I didn't get much blood. Good point Pat!
In Marchello case he found stomach contents,  so I would still let it lay overnight and take up track when its plenty light enough,  ein case him needs to be finished,  but I'm willing to bet that you will find him dead tomorrow AM. Good luck,  be patient,  you will get him.

walkabout:
Good luck in the morning hope it all works out for ya..

Relf25:
Join the club marchello I did same thing fri am and tracked 600yds and bumped him, going to try tracking him down tmrw. Terrible feeling but be patient and track slow, give him time

marchello19:
Thanks guys yea I sure hope so. I’ve been following your thread Ref hope you get him man!

Tippin'Scales:

--- Quote from: DXT on November 09, 2019, 07:38:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tippin'Scales on November 09, 2019, 07:23:14 PM ---I had my first deer shot with a crossbow also in close about 15y I had very little blood on arrow and didn't start bleeding for about 20y from shot. I think the xbow is so fast in close mot a ton of blood is on arrow at times.

If some stomach contents on arrow I'd say look in morning and hopefully it's not far .

--- End quote ---
Good point Pat. I only shot one with a crossbow,  and now that I think about it I didn't get much blood on my arrow or blood trail, it was a good hit and  heard her crash, but your right I didn't get much blood. Good point Pat!
In Marchello case he found stomach contents,  so I would still let it lay overnight and take up track when its plenty light enough,  ein case him needs to be finished,  but I'm willing to bet that you will find him dead tomorrow AM. Good luck,  be patient,  you will get him.

--- End quote ---

Yes, with stomach hit definitely go in morning.  Good luck Marcello!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version