Author Topic: Radioactive waste  (Read 1286 times)

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Radioactive waste
« on: April 11, 2023, 08:06:04 PM »
Just read indian point released a million gallons of waste into the river and plan for more releases

Offline mattfromkingston

Re: Radioactive waste
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 08:49:31 PM »
Ahh crap. Last i read they were going to move the
Release date up from august to as early as may 5th...

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 08:28:43 AM »
Just like anything else these days?gonna have to weigh out the amount of truth and propaganda in the story. If it comes from the left is BS?see if there?s a few different sources of information, and make your own decision.🤷‍♂️ It sucks, but this is the world we are living in!

Offline grazan

• "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 10:03:13 AM »
https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2023/04/08/concerns-arise-as-indian-point-plans-to-dump-radioactive-wastewater-into-hudson/ ...

i grew up there and we used to water ski right next to it .... the water was always warm for some reason .....

for what its worth the Companies explanation :

"Accepting Holtec?s plan, the Decommissioning Oversight Board commented upon its intention to exercise its own rigorous oversight. ?While this planned discharge of approximately 45,000 gallons of treated water is allowed under existing permits and such discharges are conducted under the auspices of the federal government,? it said, ?the state plans to independently verify the contents of the water to be discharged by obtaining water samples and analyzing them in a state lab.?

Following Holtec?s ?partial dewatering? releases of the initial 45,000 gallons of discharges planned for next month, approximately 265,000 gallons will remain in the undewatered pool, said Burroni. ?Currently, we plan to begin the total dewatering process of the Unit 2 Spent Fuel Pool in the August-September time frame.?

Holtec advises that the discharge will be similar to discharges from the plant that have occurred every year since the reactor operations started in 1962. Tritium in discharges from Indian Point, which is the subject of recent inquiries, has consistently measured less than 0.01 percent of the federal annual limits for doses to the general public and have met drinking water standards at the discharge point."
"FISHING IS A JERK ON ONE END OF  A LINE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER" Robert Hughes.. If you hunt or fish you should be a member of https://www.backcountryhunters.org, https://www.deerassociation.com/ AND https://www.nwtf.org/  & https://www.howlforwildlife.org/join?recruiter_id=23492

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 11:28:59 AM »
I think There?s a few guys here that are familiar with power plants?.Gunner, what?s your take on this??? My personal opinion is that they are not going to be spilling toxic, radioactive water into the river, it?s going to be tested and monitored very closely.
And another personal opinion is?.they probably should never have shut it down?..we need nuclear power plants!!!

Offline Chris1389

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 03:34:19 PM »
I think There?s a few guys here that are familiar with power plants?.Gunner, what?s your take on this??? My personal opinion is that they are not going to be spilling toxic, radioactive water into the river, it?s going to be tested and monitored very closely.
And another personal opinion is?.they probably should never have shut it down?..we need nuclear power plants!!!

Agreed. Theres no way its radioactive water. Its coming from a nuclear plant but im sure its tested before being dumped.

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 05:25:39 PM »
One article

Offline Chris1389

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 05:44:35 PM »
One article

They also dump sewerage in the LI sound

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 05:47:42 AM »
The Sky is falling--The sky is falling!
If you think for one minute that the DEC and EPA aren't staying on this like white on rice then I have a bridge that you might be interested in thats for sale 8)

Offline MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 07:51:03 AM »
The Sky is falling--The sky is falling!
If you think for one minute that the DEC and EPA aren't staying on this like white on rice then I have a bridge that you might be interested in thats for sale 8)

+1  exactly
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline REELTHING

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 05:37:45 PM »
fish at night you will see where schools are. ;D

Offline ChillR

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 08:47:19 AM »
Good ole NY!

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 06:18:37 AM »
More hyperbolic rhetoric from the left. They managed to chase 2 megawatts of green electricity out of the state, but now complain about water safe enough to drink, being radioactive?..

How about addressing the thousands of tons of pollutants, (that’s more radioactive than the water that they’re complaining about) lbeing thrown into the atmosphere, to make up for the deficit that they created? And the sky rocketed electric bills in parts of the region? Most people would be surprised that low levelradioactivity is a completely natural phenomenon, and we’re hit by it every day, from nearly all angles.

If they’re really interested in the negative health effects of radiation on the general public, they should fund a campaign on educating people about Radon gas..

Offline DoOver

• Pouge Mahoe
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 10:56:38 AM »
'Fukushima' currently on Netflix for more on that good ol' Green Energy.

"Let's roll"
T. Beamer

Isaiah 3:9

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal