General Category > General Discussions

Two deer found dead in Esopus of EHD

<< < (3/27) > >>

GrizG:
I found a dead fawn in my parents' ornamental landscaping today when I went there to mow... Town of Ulster near the line with the City of Kingston. It was one of a pair of twins that have been hanging out there with their mom all year. Usually they'd see 20-30+ deer per day behind their house... now they seldom see any.  The missing include these two bucks who followed me around while I was pruning trees there a few weeks ago.

MUSKRAT:
It's  not good , I feel there are a lot more dead than people relize .
While typing this , my friend calls me from saugerties, and he whatched a 9 pointer flopping around in a pond until it just put his head under , and that was it ...dead ..

It's very sad . I'm wondering if we should even have a deer season this year ...

jdbbowhunter:
Two years in a row now. Seems to be a little different areas, but not good!

GrizG:
I spoke with DEC this afternoon about the fawn I found. He told me that the circumstances fit the EHD profile (including proximity to water) and that they wouldn't be examining the deer... They've had enough reports to know EHD was in that area. They do want people to report the dead and the locations though so that they can monitor and estimate the deer kill.

ole bleu:
Very interesting coming from DEC as they propose an early September doe season and an increase of DMPS in hard hit areas from last year the management practices seem a little off to me I really wish D Henry was still involved for some honest opinions on there management tactics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version