General Category > General Discussions

9 / 11

(1/2) > >>

MUSKRAT:
Where were you  ?  September 11,2001 ....

walkabout:
Ill never forget i was getting ready to leave for work a 10:30 to 7pm shift. I ended up being late that morning.

DXT:
I remember it like it was yesterday, I was at work in the prison, they forced the entire day shift to  stay until they could figure out what was happening.  It still to this day is unbelievable to me, I still tear up every year on 9/11. Never forget!

MUSKRAT:
I will never forget the sight of those poor innocent people jumping from that building...my God

My friend telling me - we are at war ....what a sad day ..

Take Em:
I too can remember it like it was yesterday. I was at my doctors office when I heard it come over the radio. And my wife was working in NYC back then. She was walking to work from Penn Station when the first plane hit. She saw all the EMS vehicles heading downtown. It then took me several hours to finally get a hold of her on the phone. We were very fortunate though that day. A friend of a friend was an engineer for Amtrak back then and called me late in the afternoon to tell me to have Jessica meet him at a certain location. He got her on an empty Amtrak train that night and it was one of the last ones to leave the tunnel that day. I don’t believe they allowed any passengers on those trains that day. What a surreal feeling it was picking her up that train station in Rhinecliff that night around 8. The parking lot was still packed with cars.

And not too long after that my wife decided to change her career. She’s been a school teacher in town ever since

What an awful day for so many others. “I will never forget”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version