Author Topic: Grenades for fishing  (Read 4101 times)

Offline ruck

Grenades for fishing
« on: December 16, 2019, 02:33:25 PM »
I'm getting too lazy to fish with rod and reel like the rest of you guys. I'd like to propose that the DEC consider allowing grenades for fishing. April 1st I'd be on the fly fishing streams lobbing my new fishing tool into likely pools. Then shortly after that I'll hit the Hudson River using my fishfinder to mark schools of stripers, then dropping a couple grenades into them. Then I'll hit the ressies for some trophy browns. I'm sure you guys who use crossbows during archery season agree with me on this, right?

Offline LouieM

Re: Grenades for fishing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 02:46:33 PM »
nice, further escalate tensions between hunters. This is purposely trying to create an argument instead of a discussion.    This should really help out the community!

Difference is, there isn't 1000s of people in favor of grenade fishing.  Go ahead, start a petition and lobby for your new rules.  Just like crossbow hunters are doing. 

Offline ruck

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
OK, less extreme then, should I be allowed to snag stripers in the river with bunker snags? Or use worms or live minnows in the fly fishing only streams?  Why can't I use a rifle during muzzleloader season, or even archery season for that matter? The result in any of the above is the same, all I'm asking is to be allowed an alternate method.

Offline LouieM

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 03:32:08 PM »
OK, less extreme then, should I be allowed to snag stripers in the river with bunker snags? Or use worms or live minnows in the fly fishing only streams?  Why can't I use a rifle during muzzleloader season, or even archery season for that matter? The result in any of the above is the same, all I'm asking is to be allowed an alternate method.

again, get support for your alternative opinions and the DEC will be forced to listen. Until then, your strawman arguments are aiding the separation in hunters.  We need to stick together, not get petty. 

Offline ruck

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
 When crossbow advocates wanted to push their way into archery season, they didn't care about sticking together, they simply wanted to get their way. So they kept throwing their little tantrums, and called archery hunters greedy and selfish for not wanting to share archery season with arrow gun hunters. They kept pushing, and dividing hunters, until they finally did get their way. Now all of a sudden we should stick together!? Ain't that precious.

Offline jdbbowhunter

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Ruck I understand  your frustration, but the truth of the matter is that NY State listens very little to sportsman and are only concerned with $$$$. And unfortunately the Insurance Lobbies in Albany have more say than sportsman. Been that way for a long time. And lets not forget people are leaving the state in record numbers because of the weather. A direct Quote from our Governor!

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 06:42:45 PM »
Im not for crossbows in the entire bow season. I think its good the way it is now but i would like to see the elderly and handicap be able to use the crossbow if they want..  Im all for the grenade thing though.. ;D
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 07:54:54 PM »
 +1

Offline LouieM

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 06:22:29 AM »
They kept pushing, and dividing hunters, until they finally did get their way. Now all of a sudden we should stick together!? Ain't that precious.

yes, we should learn from our mistakes.  Fact is hunting numbers are going down.  Numbers going down means less support for hunters in the polls. 

Offline gill1

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 07:49:51 AM »
I would like to use a spear during archery.  Hope everyone is having a good day.

Offline cbyzerman

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 08:37:16 AM »
t

Offline goodorbit

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 08:43:09 AM »
I would like to use a spear during archery.  Hope everyone is having a good day.

You might as well use a grenade!  :o

Offline Gut shot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 08:49:46 AM »
I for one don't care what implement people use to hunt with as long as they do it safely.   I did not crossbow hunt this year but if that is the style of hunting you like, by all means go for it. What difference does it make ? As long as whatever you are using you can humanly harvest game and its legal why should I care ?  I'm not so full of myself that i want to impose my beliefs on others.  Hunting isn't a competition, go out enjoy your time in the outdoors and let others do there own thing.  The liberal anti hunters love when we are divided.  .:crossbow:. (hunter).

Offline ruck

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 09:42:45 AM »
 The liberal anti hunters love when we are divided.

I don't even hunt anymore, but let us not forget that, in this case, it was crossbow users who divided hunters by pushing for their own desire, to gain an unfair advantage over other hunters. If they wanted to hunt during archery season, no one was stopping them from doing so. In fact archery hunters would have welcomed them.
  But if a guy shows up to a bicycle race with a motorcycle, and then with relentless pushing and name calling is finally allowed to use it on the same track as the bicycles, don't you think the bicycle guys would be upset?

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »
The liberal anti hunters love when we are divided.

in this case, it was crossbow users who divided hunters by pushing for their own desire, to gain an unfair advantage over other hunters. If they wanted to hunt during archery season, no one was stopping them from doing so. In fact archery hunters would have welcomed them.
  But if a guy shows up to a bicycle race with a motorcycle, and then with relentless pushing and name calling is finally allowed to use it on the same track as the bicycles, don't you think the bicycle guys would be upset?

Well said  +1

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal