Author Topic: End of a great season  (Read 480 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
End of a great season
« on: December 17, 2023, 05:30:06 PM »
DIdnt shoot a nice buck again this year but sure the heck enjoyed all my time in the woods and half of it was spent with my daughter Taylor so im blessed to have that time with her.. Seen several different bucks during the rut that I let walk and took a shot at a nice one with the xbow and hit a branch 5 yards from me so sat there and watched him walk away. Lol. Took a doe last week to fill the freezer so I'm happy with that..Taxidermy shop was pretty busy the first 2 weeks then as usual slowed down as the deer become nocturnal.. Hope everyone enjoyed there time in the woods this year..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline logic

Re: End of a great season
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 08:10:02 PM »
After ehd the last 2 seasons did not see alot of deer but this year looked like there coming back. Saw alot of young bucks and managed to fill my tags. Freezer is full here also. You will get him next year.

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 07:51:28 AM »
I’ll probably give it one last try tomorrow with the muzzle loader, this season was a really tough one for me, i made a bad hit on a nice one with my bow and have not seen or heard of him since ( I’m sick over it still 🙏that he’s ok) and then passed on a few others during bow season. That was the low points of my season. Then got to hunt with my 16 year old daughter on opening day, we were struggling to see any daylight movement, but then I finally got a buck on Dec 1st and my daughter got a buck after school the same day. We are feeling blessed for the quality time spent together and the meat in the freezer. Hunting can be an emotional roller coaster at times, from the lows of not making a good shot, to the highs of both getting bucks on the same day. We are definitely great full for the time afield, and the full freezer.

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 12:25:04 PM »
Despite the heartache I had in the woods this year I had an amazing season and am getting lots of big bucks on Cam again and just came home to a good one standing next to my house I hope everyone had an enjoyable season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal