Author Topic: I have an active scrape in my backyard  (Read 410 times)

Offline gdk45

I have an active scrape in my backyard
« on: October 29, 2023, 08:17:48 AM »
About 27 yds behind my house

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: I have an active scrape in my backyard
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 04:21:55 PM »
No oooo nice easy drag.. (BBQ)
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 05:03:54 AM »
That's cool they are definitely getting fired up

Offline Rickhem

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 07:08:10 AM »
I have an access road/trail along the treeline about 120 yards from my front door.  It runs between the treeline and a patch of land that I don't mow, so higher grass and some smaller evergreens, good cover.  I put a camera on one of the small evergreens to monitor if/when a neighbor would be riding around on our property, and it turns out that I have a very well used licking branch about 10 feet in front of that camera.  This is the third year in a row that I have video of a very large buck visiting that branch, and there's at least 5 others of smaller size, and countless does that visit.  It's on the side of the house towards the road and my neighbors, and is definitely my most active camera.  I may eventually set up a ladder stand in the trees over that way, but I just feel like I'm hunting off the porch, if you know what I mean.  I have been telling myself that it's a good way to see what is around, and just leave it as it is.  It's amazing how close to houses the deer get comfortable, especially this time of year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal