Author Topic: Oars for rowboat  (Read 1109 times)

Offline gardnaaa

Oars for rowboat
« on: June 23, 2020, 07:12:55 PM »
Hey everyone! Haven’t been on here in awhile, life’s been crazy. So to make a long story short, I bought a 14ft v-hull off the offerup app like 2 years ago and was going to put it in the ashokan. The boat leaks a little, but I’ll fix it. Life is starting to slow down now and I just called and made my appointment to put my boat in at the end of July. I’m having problems trying to figure out what oars I need for these oarlocks. The oars that came with the boat are terrible. They are 2 different sizes and constantly just slip out of the locks when I’m rowing. They have been painted and also cut my hands since the paint is so old..So what I’m asking is, what oars have you guys had good luck with? Should I change the oarlocks to the ones that have pins? Or is there something that holds the oar into the locks that I have? Thank you all so much! Appreciate it!

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Re: Oars for rowboat
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 07:24:42 PM »
A boat that size needs 8 foot oars or at least 7 I just use clamp on oar locks and I would replace the ones on the boat as well oars are not very affordable anymore expect to pay up for them

Offline gardnaaa

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 07:46:15 PM »
Awesome, I’ll look at the clamp on ones.I’d need to remove the oar socket and put the other Ones on that accept the or locks with the pins correct? Where do you buy your oars from?

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 08:09:49 PM »
I would just order a set of locks and the parts that go on boat I got my 8 foot oars on amazon for 60 but it’s hard to find them under 70 each now and I don’t use ones with pins that go through the oars if it gets windy out there you don’t want them to break

Offline striperman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 09:39:52 AM »
 +1
Golf,the art of playing fetch with yourself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal