Author Topic: Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)  (Read 138634 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)
« Reply #960 on: October 03, 2018, 05:54:42 AM »
Lots of new members on HVS, use this thread to introduce your self..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
« Reply #961 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:59 AM »
Hi,
My name is Ziffy and I am a bit shy, so I joined HVS to try and come out of my shell . . .

I like to use a snafu rig for Blackfishing . . . the season for which opens on Oct. 10th in CT. and Oct. 11th in N.Y.
3 fish per angler per day in both states and they have to be 16" or better

YeeeHaaawwww!!!!! . . I took the whole week off!
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

Offline Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
« Reply #962 on: October 03, 2018, 07:56:48 AM »
Of course I made a fresh batch of Limoncello for the occasion  . . . . it's getting a little cool on the water!
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

Offline sfoley94

Film Student making a short film about hunting with a couple of questions.
« Reply #963 on: October 06, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »
Hi there,

I'm a film student who's making a short film about deer hunting. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and hunted with my dad and uncles for many years, but now that I'm here in New York (Brooklyn), I find that I don't have a lot of connections to the world of hunters and hunting.

So... I'm hoping that someone here can help me with a couple questions. Most importantly, I'm looking for a location to shoot the film. Our shoot dates are Nov 10 and 11, which I believe is the week before rifle season (I wanted the woods to look right, but to not disturb hunters if at all possible.)

The ideal location would have a tree-covered road or two that I could have my character drive in on, but the most important feature of the location is a ground blind (ideally homemade and old -- my uncle's had an old recliner in it, would love something with that feel) with shooting lanes already cut and a bait pile.

Also, ideally this would be private land so that I can be certain I'm not disturbing any non-rifle hunters who might be in the woods that weekend.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about land owners or land between NYC and Hudson (at the furthest) that would be a good fit?

Thanks!

S

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sfoley94

« Reply #964 on: October 06, 2018, 05:01:53 PM »
Pic of outside

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline JayBay

« Reply #965 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:27 AM »
Yes - I'm a Newbie, but I like to fish and hunt sometimes.  Wondering how to post photos?? 

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #966 on: November 21, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »
welcome to hvs.. you could just hit add attachment and choose a photo but if its to large it wont work.. 500kb or smaller otherwise you would need to use a third party to get the codes..  Read this link..http://www.hudsonvalleysportsman.com/index.php/topic,108.0.html
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline JayBay

« Reply #967 on: January 09, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »
Hey - I'm a transplant from Ohio but have lived in Ulster County for over 30 years - primarily a fisherman - Engineer at Ashokan Reservoir for the last 27 years, all the other Reservoirs are in my Area of Responsibility too.  I like fishing on the Hudson River too and wanted to join the site for tips on Striper fishing and general knowledge of what's going on on the River in April & May.  I'm just getting used to using the site, so I don't know how to post photos and stuff yet, but will try to stay involved. 

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #968 on: January 09, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »
welcome jay, best of luck n the water this season

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #969 on: January 09, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
Welcome to HVS thanks for joining.

Offline CatskillBob

« Reply #970 on: January 09, 2019, 04:09:32 PM »
Welcome aboard! Your best bet for tips on Hudson River fishing is to book a charter with one of the guys. Tipping Scales, Fish Wistle, Tropy Class are the best bait guys, Reel Addicted for trolling action. Reel Addicted, Tipping Scales and Fish Wistle are out of Rondout Creek, Trophy Class is further south. You'll gain a lot of knowledge and find out where to go and what works in a short trip. All 4 of those operations are top notch and will work their tails off helping you learn.

Bobby
If I were a trout, I should ascend every stream till I found the Rondout. It is the ideal brook. - John Burroughs

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #971 on: January 09, 2019, 07:00:43 PM »
Welcome and definitely post often

Offline jmack413

• NYS Supporter
  • vegetarian old indian word for lousy hunter,
« Reply #972 on: January 09, 2019, 10:10:10 PM »
hi i'm jeff and i'm a huntaholic

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2019, 06:10:37 AM »
We already know that Jeff. Tell us something we dont know  8)

Offline JayBay

« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2019, 09:14:08 AM »
Thanks for the Striper Charter tips...I've been at it quite awhile, and usually fish live bait, but have been trying trolling last year.  I fish out of the Esopus Cr. in Saugerties.  I jig up a barrel full of herring, and then troll my way to my spot, and then live bait fish.  I've found I catch bigger fish on live bait...but we'll see how I can do better with all of your tips - think about it, we only have about 3-1/2 months to go until the stripers get here!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal