Author Topic: Lead hunting ammo ban passes Assembly  (Read 666 times)

Offline gunpoliticsny

Lead hunting ammo ban passes Assembly
« on: March 30, 2022, 03:34:22 PM »
A-5728, Prohibits the use of lead ammunition in the taking of wildlife on wildlife management areas, state forests, forest preserves, state parks or any other state-owned land that is open for hunting and on land contributing surface water to the New York City water supply, passed the Assembly.

Offline MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Lead hunting ammo ban passes Assembly
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 05:39:26 PM »
So here we go ....
I can't shoot squirrels with my 22 !!!!?
What a bunch of idiots..that come up with this stuff..
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline swamplover11

Re: Lead hunting ammo ban passes Assembly
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 11:02:41 AM »
Saw this coming for a while. How insane is it that most people are now relying on state lands as it is the last resort to have a place to hunt since so many have lost properties they once had to hunt on, only to be told now that they MUST use ammunition that is nearly impossible to find ??  I only can see this as another way of helping destroy the hunting community and create more revenue through ticketing and fining those not compliant or are ignorant of the land they hunt falling under the definition of this new 'law'.

It's quite clear the 'powers that be' want us to be less able to harvest our own food, in yet another example of government over reach!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal