Author Topic: Electronic dog fence  (Read 1291 times)

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Electronic dog fence
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with electronic fences

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Electronic dog fence
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:53:47 PM »
Yep , I have the wireless one and it works great . Just have to keep batteries up in the collar ...
I also have a hard wire one at my camp , that works also ...just once I had a break in the wire ..

My lab won't cross it , she knows her limits... they work
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline Timbow

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 06:55:00 PM »
I got one about three years ago. Company was Dog watch dave.  We have a little beagle mix and he loves to chase stuff. We fenced about  1-1/2 acres so the dog can still run and roam the yard.  He learned pretty quickly his limits and it works really well. Now the dog knows the deal and won’t cross the line even without the collar.  We actually hardly ever put it on him at this point.

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »
Thanks we are moving out to western ny and really don’t want to ugly up a nice home with a fence but don’t want our kids I mean beagles running off

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 09:32:41 PM »
All my dogs have used the same one works great they never leave the yard.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline joey

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 10:52:33 PM »
I have the pet safe one.  2 acres.  Dog runs free. Won’t cross for anything...deer, turkeys, mailman etc. I bought a break locator device on amazon for like 50 bucks.  Every once in a while a chipmunk or something gets it.  Had it about 8 years. Zero probs. I just laid it in the woods and buried w leaves.  Used a demo saw to run it a little trench thru the parts where it’s in the lawn. Easy install. Never walk a dog again.

Offline gill1

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »
 +1 Best purchase ever

I have the pet safe one.  2 acres.  Dog runs free. Won’t cross for anything...deer, turkeys, mailman etc. I bought a break locator device on amazon for like 50 bucks.  Every once in a while a chipmunk or something gets it.  Had it about 8 years. Zero probs. I just laid it in the woods and buried w leaves.  Used a demo saw to run it a little trench thru the parts where it’s in the lawn. Easy install. Never walk a dog again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal