Author Topic: Deer Cutting  (Read 849 times)

Offline elloyd85

Deer Cutting
« on: December 02, 2022, 02:18:08 PM »
Hey all, I'm looking for fair-priced deer butchers in the Walden, Pine Bush, Montgomery area. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Online ole bleu

Re: Deer Cutting
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 07:06:46 PM »
Deckers deer cutting stone ridge ny 845-687-0142

Offline logic

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 07:33:16 PM »
Devin 845-522-9625  Does great job. Montgomery.

Offline bowski76

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 10:11:42 AM »
I'm looking for a reasonably priced butcher in the Westchester/ Putnam area. I'm willing to go a little further if I can find a good butcher.
Deserto's reopened as Deerserto's but they are expensive, $225 for a boneless cut with Italian sausage and pork fat added to chop meat. I stopped by there yesterday, they were busy and the owner seemed like a good guy.
I've used a guy in Stony Point in the past but he also raised his prices.

I know you guys will say to do it yourself, but I don't have room to do it.

Offline Rickhem

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 12:49:57 PM »
I'm going to follow this one if for no other reason than to get a sense for pricing.  I'm up in 4A.
I don't process my deer, I take it someplace.  Dropped one off at a local processor and ordered some extras.  I ordered a few packages of slim-jim kinda sticks, a package of kielbasa, a couple packages of brats and a couple sweet sausage.  Those were in addition to the steaks, backstraps, and chop meat.  They had the steaks, chop meat and backstraps ready the next day, the rest isn't ready yet.  Came to $197.  Considering all the extras, I'm good with that, and I liked how they all were friendly and helpful there.
Two years ago at a different place locally I paid $135 for just a general processing job with an assortment of cuts, and it was four shopping bags full when I picked it up, again very nice people and would go back.

They don't weigh the deer here, and I didn't weigh what I got back, so no idea if those balance out, nor do I really worry all that much about it.  But I do wonder how they go about that whole process.  There seems to be a crew of 8-10 people working on getting everything all cut up.  I wonder how they decide how much goes to each person getting a deer processed.
 It would not seem to be very cost effective to try to be too nit-picky accurate with that, but I've been wrong before.

Offline DK

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 02:38:57 PM »
Wurtsboro

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 05:10:02 AM »
Thanks for the info.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Chris1389

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 06:31:35 AM »
I'm looking for a reasonably priced butcher in the Westchester/ Putnam area. I'm willing to go a little further if I can find a good butcher.
Deserto's reopened as Deerserto's but they are expensive, $225 for a boneless cut with Italian sausage and pork fat added to chop meat. I stopped by there yesterday, they were busy and the owner seemed like a good guy.
I've used a guy in Stony Point in the past but he also raised his prices.

I know you guys will say to do it yourself, but I don't have room to do it.

Amato’s in Somers. Its right next to King Cone across the street from 7/11

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal