Author Topic: 9-11  (Read 1110 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
9-11
« on: September 11, 2020, 06:09:42 AM »
Today marks 19 years since the united states was attacked. God bless our fireman, men in blue and everyone who died this day 19 years ago.
 What were you doing this morning 19 years ago when you heard the news.?
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Re: 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 06:45:30 AM »
I was loading a pickup with cement bags the guy was some sort of foreign dude he yelled something that should have gotten his but kicked as he left it was just after radio announcement

Offline MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 08:30:18 AM »
God bless those poor innocent people that died that day ..
I was having coffee at my kitchen table with my friend.
I turned on the news , and watched the second plane hit...
He turned to me and said " my god - we are at war "!!!!
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline Labman519

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 08:49:18 AM »
I was standing in our family room with the TV on when the second plane hit. I just had a feeling it was Osama Bin Laden.

Offline The Warden

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
  • My daughter Gena Loves to fish!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 09:22:39 AM »
I was in living in Florida I was working in the school and saw the 2nd plane hit we were all so upset  Gena was at her program 2 blocks away. I remember telling the teacher I worked for that I am leaving to go get Gena. It was so scary to know this was happening and I didn't have my daughter. God Bless all of them.. We will NEVER FORGET God Bless America.
No person was ever honored for what he received . Honor is the reward for what he gave.

I Looked and now I'm hooked on HVS

Offline Yotehntr

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 10:11:29 AM »
I was in Balmville doing tree work, when the property caretaker called us in. There was only one tower remaining at the time.

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
As a  Port Authority of NY & NJ Police officer (retired now), I had a traffic post on the Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel. My partner and myself had our backs turned to NYC while directing traffic coming down the 1&9 and NJ turnpike ramps when we felt the concussion from the first plane hit. We turned to see what made the noise and saw billowing smoke coming from the WTC. After we evacuated and secured the Holland Tunnel we made our way to the site to assist in the rescue ( the buildings had already come down by then). 37 members of my department where killed on that fateful day, many who were good friends. Please remember all that were lost on that evil day.  NEVER FORGET!!!

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 04:14:00 PM »
I was at work, we were all standing around listening to the radio. I was thinking what a freak accident....and then the second plane hit. I remember it like yesterday, I will Never forget!

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 08:49:11 PM »
Never forget...........
Oh Yeah !

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 09:58:15 PM »
I also remember like it was yesterday... in a tomato field talking with Bill W the farmer,  he told me that there was an accident in the big apple and his son Fred W was down there at a green market.  Not 5 minutes later it came over the radio about the 2nd tower.  I called my wife and headed home with such sorrow and anger that I have never felt before.  To this day I still feel the scars in my sole.  It took me 5 years  to get down to ground zero and I have been there many times to reflect and pay my respect to all of the Americans who have given their all just going to work on the 11th and all the heroes trying to save them and the ones who have fought to bring the criminals to justice. The NY museum in Albany has a whole wing on 9~11.  God bless America

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal