Author Topic: Striped Bass Regs. 2020  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
Striped Bass Regs. 2020
« on: April 06, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »
A few weeks back I posed the question to the DEC what an angler is supposed to do if they catch a state record striped bass during the 2020 fishing season if the regulation does NOT permit keeping a fish over 28" . . . . below is the response I got back

Hi Zif,
I’ve reached out to multiple people regarding this issue and no one has gotten back to me with any concrete answer. I think because this is a new issue, people aren’t sure what to with regards to it. It may be that the state record will be on hold until the regulations are changed in the future to be less restrictive. There is also the option of having something like the IGFA (International Game Fish Association), where anglers use a certified ruler to measure and enter their record catches.
I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer at this time but I will continue to try to find one for you.

I asked this question for you folks because I doubt a state record will find my hook anytime soon! . . . but it sure is a blast trying!!!!! (and beats sitting indoors worrying when I will run out of toilet paper!)  (beers) 
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal