Author Topic: Non-essential businesses?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline milton39

Non-essential businesses?
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »
Not to add to the negativity of society right now but the Prince is requesting “non essential” businesses to close, in the near future this may be a mandate.  Can someone convince me that marinas and bait shops are essential?

Offline Timbow

Re: Non-essential businesses?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 06:32:40 PM »
Oh yeah I like How they think you can just shut down.  Does the mortgage stop? Is Someone going to pay the taxes?  I think we all get it. And I think most are aware and taking some precautions. I may be wrong but I think this is way overblown.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 06:51:38 PM »
Went to the thruway to pick up ammo today and they have caution tape around the gun area so u have to wait in line for the next cashier.  Not one shot gun shell left on the shelf. lol 
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Chris1389

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 07:35:31 PM »
Not to add to the negativity of society right now but the Prince is requesting “non essential” businesses to close, in the near future this may be a mandate.  Can someone convince me that marinas and bait shops are essential?
[/quote
Baitshops are a grab an go facility. Theres no viral risk at all in that. Kind of like a liquor store

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 07:46:42 PM »
I will have Striper bait supply as long as there is no total lockdown.  Preorder for bloodworms prior to April 15th after that hope to have enough business to justify normal business hours.

Offline Camicwrath

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:26 AM »
Tippin'scales I will be coming down to check out the new bait shack, I plan on trying a new fishing spot in Kingston this year so ill def come down show my support n support local new business 👍

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 01:11:37 PM »
Me to pat
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
Count me in  Pat
Oh Yeah !

Offline cbyzerman

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »
Businesses shut down--- non essential... And as of today herring already in wappingers creek and following stoolie.... Not sure what future holds for this upcoming season.... My marina is not answering phone or replying to emails.  Surprised dipoooo cuomo has not shut fishing down already  as he hates  nY sportsman or any sportsman for that matter............

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 04:42:04 PM »
Hopefully dep doesn’t close reservoirs due to no staff

Offline GrizG

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
Latest list... reservoirs should be open based on this. 

For purposes of Executive Order 202.6, “Essential Business,” means:
1. Essential health care operations including
- research and laboratory services
- hospitals
- walk-in-care health facilities
- veterinary and animal health services
- elder care
- medical wholesale and distribution
- home health care workers or aides
- doctor and dentist offices
- nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities
- medical supplies and equipment providers
2. Essential infrastructure including
- utilities including power generation, fuel supply and transmission
- public water and wastewater
- telecommunications and data centers
- airports/airlines
- transportation infrastructure such as bus, rail, or for-hire vehicles, garages
3. Essential manufacturing including
- food processing, including all foods and beverages
- chemicals
- medical equipment/instruments
- pharmaceuticals
- safety and sanitary products
- telecommunications
- microelectronics/semi-conductor
- agriculture/farms
- paper products
4. Essential retail including
- grocery stores including all food and beverage stores
- pharmacies
- convenience stores
- farmer’s markets
- gas stations
- restaurants/bars (but only for take-out/delivery)
- hardware and building material stores
5. Essential services including
- trash and recycling collection, processing and disposal
- mail and shipping services
- laundromats/dry cleaning
- building cleaning and maintenance
- child care services
- automative repair
- warehouse/distribution and fulfillment
- funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries
- storage for essential businesses
- animal shelters or animal care or management
6. News media
7. Financial Institutions including
- banks
- insurance
- payroll
- accounting
8. Providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations including
- homeless shelters and congregate care facilities
- food banks
- human services providers whose function includes the direct care of patients in statelicensed or funded voluntary programs; the care, protection, custody and oversight of
individuals both in the community and in state-licensed residential facilities; those operating
community shelters and other critical human services agencies providing direct care or
support
9. Construction including
- skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers
- other related construction firms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for
emergency repair and safety purposes
10. Defense
- defense and national security-related operations supporting the U.S. Government or a
contractor to the US government
11. Essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of
residences or other essential businesses including
- law enforcement
- fire prevention and response
- building code enforcement
- security
- emergency management and response
- building cleaners or janitors
- general maintenance whether employed by the entity directly or a vendor
- disinfection
- doormen
12. Vendors that provide essential services or products, including logistics and technology
support, child care and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government
agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public including
- logistics
- technology support
- child care programs and services
- government owned or leased buildings
- essential government services
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline GrizG

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 06:38:25 PM »
Thoughts for consideration:

It is concerning that the "essential business" list does not include sporting goods stores and gun shops. Taken to the worst case scenario the virus could drive people to looting and robbery to get what they think they need.  From reports, nationally guns and ammo are flying off the shelf due to panic over the virus. It also appears that a lot of first time buyers are entering the market. This could lead to the short term unavailability of ammo... particularly defensive ammo (read handguns) as places like Wal-Mart no longer carry handgun ammo.  As such, while it is now illegal for the government to confiscate firearms during an emergency the de facto ban on ammunition sales renders guns useless to many...

Recall the LA Riots?  During the riots I was swapping e-mails with a retired former VP of Columbia Pictures and former president of Viacom named Michael Grossman.  We became acquainted through gun regulation related discussions on Prodigy. (Other participants included Don B. Kates Jr. and John Marshall -- among other things John writes the Classic Guns column for Dillon's Blue Press). Anyhow, Grossman was pro-gun in an industry where that was not accepted. Grossman's wife was an ENT doctor who was living at the hospital during the riots patching people up. His son hid under a vehicle in a locked parking garage due to the violence in the streets. Grossman was hunkered down at home with his 1911. He was also sending me regular updates on what was going on around him. Part of what was going on around him was his anti-gun motion picture industry friends were calling him up asking to borrow guns... He in turn refused to lend them guns reasoning that because of their ignorance of guns they would be a hazard to themselves and others. 

It appears that we've got ignorant people across the country arming themselves now...  It's probably worth asking yourself what you would do if, like Grossman, you are asked to lend guns to those ignorant of guns. People who may in fact be anti-gun.  If you think about it, it's a tough question... if things go to hell do you leave them defenseless?  It's a principled and moral dilemma...
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 07:24:50 PM »
I have never been a black gun guy but I will be buying an ar as soon as we get moved and a few other choice Guns

Offline Take Em

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 08:12:19 PM »
Liquor stores are being deemed as an essential business right now by Cuomo, so my company is still full speed ahead. 40,000 cases shipping out each day.

Offline Labman519

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 09:29:48 AM »
I’m in the #2 category on the list. Guess I’ll be working 7 days a week till this is over (nothing new for me. I work 7 days a week 8 months out of the year anyway😀).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal