"UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL" > NYS SAFE ACT

Pistol Permit Renewal??

(1/6) > >>

JayBay:
Can't believe it's been 5 years since I renewed my pistol permit (can't believe it had to be renewed in the first place) - anyway, does anyone know if the State Police still looking for renewals?  There are 23 States that do not require a permit, which is how it should be.  Why do I need a permit for something I can do by right?

MUSKRAT:
Yes , NYS police are still looking for recertification....
Mine is due December of this year ...

I delivered my paper work today , at the pistol permit bureau ,to add a new gun on my permit
This - NYS resertification  status was checked ...

I was told it could take from 2weeks to 8 weeks to get my purchase coupon ...
I think they do this on purpose, to discourage people from buying hand guns ..
It's not the pistol permit people , it's the court system/ and judge who gets your paperwork..

Then I have to pass a nics check , and pay a ffl fee , before I can have my gun ..
Ridiculous.....I wonder if other states are the same BS

I guess we are lucky to carry .... other states you can not carry .. New Jersey I think is one them .

ole bleu:
Just a ? Are they gonna mail us something when we have to renew or is it on ourselves to remember

MUSKRAT:
NYS police website says it is your responsibility to resertify , whether your notified or not

1shot1kill:
Mine is due December of this year, but the site will not let me renew now.  I guess it has to be closer to the due date?  Unless it went through and is just pending.  I renewed early last time, because I was afraid of forgetting about it.  Very poor, unnecessary system.  I'm glad you guys bring it up on here, because thats's the only time I think about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version