Hunting- In The New York Area > New York Small Game Hunting

Briar proof Pants

(1/2) > >>

Kb2112:
Anyone have any suggestions for briar/thorn proof pants?  My legs are getting torn up. 

Thank you

Kb

GrizG:
I've had 7 pair of brush pants over the years... I've always had two pair so that those that got soaked through wouldn't need to be worn the next day.

My first pair were of Field and Stream brand. They were useless when it came to stopping thorn penetration. I tried a pair of Filson Double Tin pants but the doubled area was in the wrong place for brush busting... I still use them for working in muddy conditions.

The toughest were Filson Tin Brush Pants. They were heavy and very tough... that didn't stop me from shredding 3 pair of them in my hard hunting days. They were discontinued and the alternative Filson pants were expensive and not in the same league.

I moved on to using two pair of Orvis Missouri Breaks brush pants. They've held up surprisingly well and I think they are reasonably priced. They are far lighter and far more comfortable than the Filson Tin pants. I'm happy with them and would buy them again.

My bird hunting buddy thought my choices were awful...  as I did of his. ;)

Walnuts:
I just bought a jacket from dans briarproof in Ohio.  Not sure about pants but jacket is well made and made in the USA which is one thing I always look for.

Kb2112:
Thank you

Appleman:
brush hog with a 50 Hp JD---MAKE THE DOG GO INTO THE THICK STUFF 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version