Author Topic: Looking for realtor recommendations  (Read 1026 times)

Offline RageThruTheCage24

Looking for realtor recommendations
« on: October 01, 2022, 01:53:08 PM »
After a boat load of long days and nights im finally in a financial situation where im begining to search for a piece of property for my self and my family to call our own. Im looking to buy in central Ny or the finger lakes area. Im looking for recommendations if anyone has any in these areas for a realtor who specializes in raw land or somthing set up with a cabin on it. Its going to be used for a hunting retreat.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 06:01:00 AM »
good luck hope u find exactly what your looking for.  (beers)
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 07:51:35 AM »
 Thank you.

Offline Rickhem

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 09:12:37 AM »
This is a tough time to buy if you need a mortgage.  House prices are still kind of high, but loans are skyrocketing.  House prices will fall, but if you find "the place", then waiting probably isn't an option.  If you have cash, you're in great shape.  Check Craigslist or Zillow for what is available, lots to be found using the internet.
The only advice I'd give is that you definitely do NOT want to work with the listing agent if at all possible.  Get your own agent.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 08:07:41 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Im in a good position with some buying power just paid off our primary residence. Ive been kicking around most of the reality sites and to be honest ive found a good amount of property that has caught my eye the problem im having is getting someone to call me back when I inquire on a parcel.

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 08:20:49 PM »
You won’t regret minus the wrk I bought a place in the high peaks of the adks 7 yrs ago and love every minute of it but there always work to do when your there but it’s worth it

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 08:39:34 AM »
Awesome stuff. Im sure it will be a learning curve trying to manage two places but im looking to spend every free minute possible there. work or not just looking forward to getting away from "it all"

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 08:44:50 AM »
I still havnt ruled out the adks I know the hunting is tough. But im really looking into getting into some land management to hopefully provide some good deer. Food plots etc have become just as much of a interest to me as sitting on the stand with a bow.

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 12:34:07 PM »
Hunting is tough for sure but it’s also very rewarding as well

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal