Author Topic: Ashokan Boat Area Question  (Read 1696 times)

Offline cityangler

Ashokan Boat Area Question
« on: August 16, 2020, 10:22:40 PM »
I have a boat at Rondout and Neversink and i'm looking to put one on Ashokan, I usually go fishing with an older gentlemen in his late 70s who has some issues getting around to start with, so I am looking for a fairly level clear walk to the boat.  I see E 27 the frying pan  has a nice level walk . My question is, are there any other boat areas where parking and the walk to the boat are fairly clear and manageable, I have no preference for the east or west basin? Any info/advice is appreciated , thanks in advance.

Offline DaveW

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Ashokan Boat Area Question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »
If you want to target trout I would not recommend the frying pan area, it is a shallow area with quite a row to get to deeper water for trout. E2 , the shovelcut area is a pretty easy walk and easy row to get to trout and bass catching areas.
Spud your way and stay on top.

Offline Pointer

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 11:18:47 PM »
If your looking to target bass E-17 Flat Rocks would be hard to beat for both a short fairly level walk and excellent bass fishing. It is a much shorter and flatter walk than the Shovel Cut E-2. The trout fishing in that area can be very good at certain times as well.

Offline cityangler

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 12:16:23 AM »
Thank you for the responses, we will be going for bass. I will look at E-2 and E-17, thanks again for the advice.

Offline seadog8

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »
My friend had his boat at E23B near Torino's cove for many years. The bass fishing was good.
He just moved it across the reservoir to E8B and I think it is much better than E23B.

Offline seadog8

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 10:19:18 AM »
pdf attached

Offline cityangler

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 11:49:27 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Gino_Alessandro

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 02:07:09 AM »
Other easy spots other than what has already been mentioned are W1, W27, W28, E16, E14 & E13

Offline cityangler

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 11:09:25 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, I decided to go with E 27 the Frying pan, it seems like its the shortest ,clearest walk from car to boat to water. Thanks again everyone.

Offline striperman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 06:21:07 AM »
The only problem with frying pan is the water gets very low after spring and it gets to be a long drag because of the shallow water.
Golf,the art of playing fetch with yourself.

Offline cityangler

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »
The only problem with frying pan is the water gets very low after spring and it gets to be a long drag because of the shallow water.

Yes, It was a good 75/100 feet from the high water mark of E 27 to the actual water yesterday. I hope a boat dolly will help, but if not, I will only fish Ashokan in the spring or if the water level isn't too low.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal