Author Topic: Be careful when using a chainsaw!!!!  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Yotehntr

Re: Be careful when using a chainsaw!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »
My father was a logger for many years and took some serious whacks. Most do at some point. A kickback got him good and knocked his footing out from under him. The chain swung around and left a Rambo scar on his chest. No joke.

The first day I wore chaps in the woods , I ended up walking out with a husky attached to my knee.. walking and topping limbs at the same time..But the chaps saved me.

Years later after making final topping cut on a tree, I got touched on the hand. Ended with something similar to kb2112. The saws idle was too high with loose chain. And Not properly using chain break/ one handing at that moment.

Dangerous work and I don’t know anyone that’s moved a ton of wood , that never got something.
I also know a couple sad cases where, Everything was done right, but just bad luck. Getting hit from behind

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 07:58:29 PM »
Ouch..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Labman519

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
Years ago while cutting up a tree into firewood lengths I had my foot
On top of the log holding it in place. The chainsaw bucked out
Of the cut and rode down the log and caught my boot. Had quite a few cuts in the boot but never got me. Have to be careful!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal