Author Topic: Response to COVID-19: A Message to Fishing Charters, Guides and Anglers  (Read 1384 times)

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
Received this from DEC today.  Unbelievable 

At this time, fishing guides or charters of any size have been determined to be not essential and are subject to workforce reduction requirements of the Executive Order. The full and updated guidance on which types of businesses are determined essential and other designations associated with the order can be found online.

When fishing, DEC recommends avoiding busy waters and following the guidelines on DEC's website about fishing responsibly in New York State. If an angler arrives at a parking lot and there are several cars, they should consider going to another parking lot.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/2842636
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline Overland

What part of this is unbelievable? It seems reasonable to me. Here we are in the #1 hotspot in the country and you want to bring people in from extended areas to be in tight confines on a boat to catch fish? This seems like the very definition of not essential.

Just be glad we aren't like Washington State where they banned all fishing. The river will still be full of folks fishing on their own or with their families.

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
I guess I never thought I would live long enough to see restrictions on fishing .... unbelievable was just my reaction. You are welcome to react any way you choose.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
I just got word also, this will be devastating financially to me  I understand others are in same boat but it still sucks. I guess I'll be doing alot of solo fishing and getting bait for guys and hope I won't go bankrupt on the other side....

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
Sorry to hear this NDA and Tippin scales........I don’t typically buy bait but for a cause like this I would do so for guys like you.....or I’d make a donation. Keep us posted.
Oh Yeah !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal