Author Topic: Corona virus thread. . .  (Read 7679 times)

Offline GrizG

Re: Corona virus. . .
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 10:45:31 AM »
Be careful with the dollar general tp it is so tough it clogged our septic pipes as well as other people’s I know
Only those on public sewers need reply...  ;)
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 05:26:27 AM »
So whats everyone think is this going to last all summer or what.. Dont think my 401k will make it that long. :(
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 06:37:53 AM »
My opinion is that this will be a distant memory by July and the market will be back to at least where it was also I believe in a crisis situation that it should be closed until it’s declared over to protect people’s positions

Offline ruck

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 08:24:04 AM »
I think this virus will start to slow by May, like almost all cold and flu viruses, but it's gonna get WAY worse here for a month or so now, before it starts to get better. NYC is gonna get ugly, looting, riots, all that fun stuff.
 The stock market generally falls fast and climbs slow. In this case the economy is being damaged, this is not just a normal stock market "correction," so I think it's gonna be quite a while before the Dow is back to 30,000, 5 years at least, maybe 10.

Online Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
A fisherman’s view on current events. . . (my son composed this)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hS5Iyz0dYzk
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2020, 06:24:22 AM »
Moved this essential list of businesses here. 

Latest list... reservoirs should be open based on this.

For purposes of Executive Order 202.6, “Essential Business,” means:
1. Essential health care operations including
- research and laboratory services
- hospitals
- walk-in-care health facilities
- veterinary and animal health services
- elder care
- medical wholesale and distribution
- home health care workers or aides
- doctor and dentist offices
- nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities
- medical supplies and equipment providers
2. Essential infrastructure including
- utilities including power generation, fuel supply and transmission
- public water and wastewater
- telecommunications and data centers
- airports/airlines
- transportation infrastructure such as bus, rail, or for-hire vehicles, garages
3. Essential manufacturing including
- food processing, including all foods and beverages
- chemicals
- medical equipment/instruments
- pharmaceuticals
- safety and sanitary products
- telecommunications
- microelectronics/semi-conductor
- agriculture/farms
- paper products
4. Essential retail including
- grocery stores including all food and beverage stores
- pharmacies
- convenience stores
- farmer’s markets
- gas stations
- restaurants/bars (but only for take-out/delivery)
- hardware and building material stores
5. Essential services including
- trash and recycling collection, processing and disposal
- mail and shipping services
- laundromats/dry cleaning
- building cleaning and maintenance
- child care services
- automative repair
- warehouse/distribution and fulfillment
- funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries
- storage for essential businesses
- animal shelters or animal care or management
6. News media
7. Financial Institutions including
- banks
- insurance
- payroll
- accounting
8. Providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations including
- homeless shelters and congregate care facilities
- food banks
- human services providers whose function includes the direct care of patients in statelicensed or funded voluntary programs; the care, protection, custody and oversight of
individuals both in the community and in state-licensed residential facilities; those operating
community shelters and other critical human services agencies providing direct care or
support
9. Construction including
- skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers
- other related construction firms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for
emergency repair and safety purposes
10. Defense
- defense and national security-related operations supporting the U.S. Government or a
contractor to the US government
11. Essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of
residences or other essential businesses including
- law enforcement
- fire prevention and response
- building code enforcement
- security
- emergency management and response
- building cleaners or janitors
- general maintenance whether employed by the entity directly or a vendor
- disinfection
- doormen
12. Vendors that provide essential services or products, including logistics and technology
support, child care and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government
agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public including
- logistics
- technology support
- child care programs and services
- government owned or leased buildings
- essential government services
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Corona virus thread. . .
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2020, 06:27:13 AM »
People are seeing train cars down near long island loaded with army tanks. WTF

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2020, 06:58:08 AM »
Ssshhhhhh it’s coming I heard a pile of Jersey barriers along 684

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2020, 07:29:50 AM »
This is going to be a situation with trickle affects for months to come what are people going to do with no work you can hardly feed a family of 4 off unemployment with most of this country living paycheck to paycheck it's going to get interesting

Online Chris1389

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2020, 08:11:12 AM »
The truth is here in NY we cant afford to do a full quarantine lock down like in Italy. Our governor at least knows that. In Italy you dont need much to get by and healthcare an schooling is fully paid for. They dont have the bills and high rent we have here in NY.  Also it seems the full lockdowns are not effective bc Italy is losing people by the hundreds in 24hours. Were just going to have to sit an wait until an effective treatment becomes available. Regeneron said they may have treatment medicine for it by may. They played a major role in the Ebola outbreak.

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »
 This state cant afford a normal fiscal day let alone a situation like this no matter what they do this state can not afford it.

Offline GrizG

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2020, 09:07:30 PM »
Politically it's getting worse... DOJ wants to rewrite the legal process as we know it due to the emergency... Constitution be dammed.

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023

Add this to the run on guns and ammo and the closing of non-essential stores (including gun shops)...

Definitely time to reach out to our congressional representatives and tell them to just say "NO."
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA

Offline GrizG

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2020, 03:09:27 PM »
SAF SUES N.J. GOVERNOR FOR DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS

BELLEVUE, WA – In a move directly linked to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Second Amendment Foundation has filed a federal lawsuit against New Jersey Gov. Philip D. Murphy and State Police Supt. Patrick J. Callahan, asserting violation of civil rights under color of law by shutting down firearms dealerships in the Garden State, thus preventing citizens from exercising their rights under the Second and Fourteenth amendments.

Murphy and Callahan are being sued in their official capacities. The case, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the State of New Jersey is known as Kashinsky v. Murphy.

Joining SAF in this action is the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, on behalf of Robert Kashinsky and Legend Firearms, a gun shop in the state. They are represented by noted civil rights attorney David Jensen.

Kashinsky sought to purchase a firearm for personal protection during the current crisis, but Murphy issued Executive Order 107 on March 21, which ordered all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public. The order does not include licensed firearms dealers on its list of “essential” businesses that may continue operating during the crisis.

“In order for New Jersey residents to purchase firearms,” noted SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb, “they must go through a licensed firearms retailer and pass a background check. However, Murphy’s order was subsequently followed by a notice posted on the State Police website that the agency is no longer conducting background checks.

“Gov. Murphy cannot simply suspend the Second Amendment, and neither can Supt. Callahan,” he continued. “Yet, under this emergency order, that’s exactly what they’re doing. The Constitution, and federal law, don’t allow that. New Jersey may have been the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights, but they’re the last state to recognize it.”

The lawsuit seeks an injunction restraining the defendants and everyone acting on their behalf from enforcing Executive Order 107 “to the extent it operates to flatly prohibit the purchase and sale of firearms and ammunition.”

NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2020, 06:39:17 AM »
Fish are still biting during this Chinese flu crisis. Sure helps me get my mind off things..

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2020, 07:27:26 AM »
Nice one.
Oh Yeah !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal