General Category > General Discussions

Wood stoves

<< < (2/7) > >>

Geezer:
I have been heating my 3000 sq ft log cabin with wood for more than 15 years. I use a RSF high efficiency fireplace. It is air tight and works much like a wood stove. Based on the cost difference between fuel oil and wood I have paid for the fireplace, chain saw, log splitter, logs, fuel and maintenance many times over. I enjoy cutting and splitting wood, but even if I bought pre-cut and split cord wood it would be a lot less expensive than fuel oil.

I have an oil fired boiler that kicks in when I am not around to feed wood in the fire. When I get around to replacing that boiler I will look into a combination wood/oil or wood/propane boiler.

DXT:
I’ve been burning wood for my entire life, I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way!

walkabout:
I have a out door wood boiler past 15 years heat house, shop and water. only time I burn oil is summer to heat water..I've been buying wood most in chunks unspoilt still saving several thousand in fuel.

WEM144:
Can’t beat it

RageThruTheCage24:
Looking good WEM. The best part of heating by wood is the self sufficiency of it .Not counting on anyone but yourself to keep your family warm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version