Author Topic: 9 / 11  (Read 1862 times)

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
9 / 11
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:41 PM »
Where were you  ?  September 11,2001 ....
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: 911
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »
Ill never forget i was getting ready to leave for work a 10:30 to 7pm shift. I ended up being late that morning.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:52:40 PM »
I remember it like it was yesterday, I was at work in the prison, they forced the entire day shift to  stay until they could figure out what was happening.  It still to this day is unbelievable to me, I still tear up every year on 9/11. Never forget!

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 09:21:24 PM »
I will never forget the sight of those poor innocent people jumping from that building...my God

My friend telling me - we are at war ....what a sad day ..
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline Take Em

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 09:36:53 PM »
I too can remember it like it was yesterday. I was at my doctors office when I heard it come over the radio. And my wife was working in NYC back then. She was walking to work from Penn Station when the first plane hit. She saw all the EMS vehicles heading downtown. It then took me several hours to finally get a hold of her on the phone. We were very fortunate though that day. A friend of a friend was an engineer for Amtrak back then and called me late in the afternoon to tell me to have Jessica meet him at a certain location. He got her on an empty Amtrak train that night and it was one of the last ones to leave the tunnel that day. I don’t believe they allowed any passengers on those trains that day. What a surreal feeling it was picking her up that train station in Rhinecliff that night around 8. The parking lot was still packed with cars.

And not too long after that my wife decided to change her career. She’s been a school teacher in town ever since

What an awful day for so many others. “I will never forget”

Offline Steve_J

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
I was in 7th grade at rondout, found out in home ec class, will never forget

Offline GooseCommander

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »
Senior year of college. I was walking down the stairs after class and watched the second plane hit the south tower of the WTC on live tv. I'll never forget hearing the gasp of all the students in the lobby followed by the deafening silence as we stood there in horror of what we just witnessed. A sad day indeed. 9/11 Never Forget!
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there."  --Fred Bear

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
Re: 9 / 11
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 07:42:55 AM »
Never forget !!    I was on the range during the police academy. Class began at 8:30 and an instructor who was running late heard About it on the fm radio on his way in.  Sad day.
Oh Yeah !

Offline gill1

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »
Same exact situation for me it was crazy.  Firm believer every child in America should watch it.   
Senior year of college. I was walking down the stairs after class and watched the second plane hit the south tower of the WTC on live tv. I'll never forget hearing the gasp of all the students in the lobby followed by the deafening silence as we stood there in horror of what we just witnessed. A sad day indeed. 9/11 Never Forget!

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »
As a  Port Authority of NY & NJ Police officer (retired now), I had a traffic post on the Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel. My partner and myself had our backs turned to NYC while directing traffic coming down the 1&9 and NJ turnpike ramps when we felt the concussion from the first plane hit. We turned to see what made the noise and saw billowing smoke coming from the WTC. After we evacuated and secured the Holland Tunnel we made our way to the site to assist in the rescue ( the building had already come down by then). 37 members of my department where killed on that fateful day, many who were good friends. Please remember all that were lost on that evil day.  NEVER FORGET!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal