Author Topic: Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)  (Read 137828 times)

Offline pork chop

• Preserve it for generations to come.
Re: Are you new to this site?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 04:10:52 AM »
Chris Miller, i am 25 yro im from staatsburg but Ive traveled most of my life 3rd generation US Army  but im back home now working as a police officer, im married with a beautiful 5yro daughter she looks like her mother lol and a son on the way  due Nov 12Th. I love to hunt from bow to muzz and everything from squirrel to Russian boar in Germany the fav being whitetail (grey ghost) its all about just being outdoors. i do enjoy fishing tho i mostly fish with my daughter whenever we can she can really bring them in with that little princess pole from walmart. i believe in keeping hunting and fishing alive and parents should stop buying there kids video games.  
It's not a hobby it's a way of life.

Offline MountainHunter

• Super Hero Member
Re: Are you new to this site?
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 06:36:53 AM »
Good to have you here Chris! I'm enjoying your posts.

Offline Treebearc

Re: Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
Hi gang!  I'm not sure why it took me so long to find this site, but thanks to an ad from of all places, craigslist, here I am! I'm Mark Provie, and  I'm 47 .. I  grew up in New Paltz, but currently live in Highland.. I caught my first fish, and killed my first deer, squirrels , and waterfowl along the banks of the Wallkill.. While I currently work as a stock trader/trading system developer, I have worn many hats in my life.. Starting at my dad's butcher shop at a very early age (Jack's on Main st. New Paltz)..  I spent over 20 years in the sporting goods business.. working at Sunset Sporting goods in NP right out of high school, and returning as Tony's manager in the last few years before his closing..( Some of you may remember me as the OTHER big bearded guy.. with the darker whiskers  ;) )  In between I worked at a large independent store in central NJ , managing their archery and fishing depts.  I am needless to say, an avid (approaching rabid) outdoorsman.. I hunt big game with gun, bow and muzzleloader, with my first and deepest love being archery..  (hunter) I also love small game and waterfowl hunting.. I started fishing Stripers in  the Hudson in the late 70's, and continue to  fish hard  in both fresh and saltwater..  While I greatly enjoy Steelheading and fishing for all the Hudson Valley has to offer, my fishing has taken a turn more towards the salt in the last few years, and I now keep a boat down on Raritan Bay to pursue that obsession..  And as if I don't have enough "hobbies" I started building fishing rods a few years ago, which  along with a little ice fishing, helps me maintain my sanity in the winter. So anyway, I'm glad to be here, and hope I can contribute in some way.. Thanks for having me  ;D  (beers)

Offline Tater Salad

• HVS STAFF.
  • Super Hero Member
  • Lou "Tater Salad" Lynch ... You Caught the Tater
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »
Great to have you here Mark.  Looking forward to reading your posts.  (beers)
Jake ... from State Farm

Offline MountainHunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »
Hi gang!  I'm not sure why it took me so long to find this site, but thanks to an ad from of all places, craigslist, here I am! I'm Mark Provie, and  I'm 47 .. I  grew up in New Paltz, but currently live in Highland.. I caught my first fish, and killed my first deer, squirrels , and waterfowl along the banks of the Wallkill.. While I currently work as a stock trader/trading system developer, I have worn many hats in my life.. Starting at my dad's butcher shop at a very early age (Jack's on Main st. New Paltz)..  I spent over 20 years in the sporting goods business.. working at Sunset Sporting goods in NP right out of high school, and returning as Tony's manager in the last few years before his closing..( Some of you may remember me as the OTHER big bearded guy.. with the darker whiskers  ;) )  In between I worked at a large independent store in central NJ , managing their archery and fishing depts.  I am needless to say, an avid (approaching rabid) outdoorsman.. I hunt big game with gun, bow and muzzleloader, with my first and deepest love being archery..  (hunter) I also love small game and waterfowl hunting.. I started fishing Stripers in  the Hudson in the late 70's, and continue to  fish hard  in both fresh and saltwater..  While I greatly enjoy Steelheading and fishing for all the Hudson Valley has to offer, my fishing has taken a turn more towards the salt in the last few years, and I now keep a boat down on Raritan Bay to pursue that obsession..  And as if I don't have enough "hobbies" I started building fishing rods a few years ago, which  along with a little ice fishing, helps me maintain my sanity in the winter. So anyway, I'm glad to be here, and hope I can contribute in some way.. Thanks for having me  ;D  (beers)

Welcome! It's good to finally have someone here who knows what they are talking about! (Kidding!) Lot's of good information shared here!

fish head

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
Welecome to the brotherhood. Great site.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
hey mark, i figured i would reach out to a few sportsman on craigslist, im glad it wasn't a waste of time. welcome to the site bro.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Treebeard

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! . In a startling display of genius I managed to  misspell my screen name  ::)  So I re-invented myself.. Treebearc is dead.. long live Treebeard  (beers)

Offline tailspin348

• Super Hero Member
  • Answer to the Age-Old Question ??
    • Tri-State Carports, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
Welcome "Treebeard" - enjoy what this site has to offer - don't forget to participate.... ;)
Got a Question - Need an Answer - Join the fun on HudsonValleySportsman.com  
Sales agent for Tri-State Carports, Inc.....carports, garages, sheds, etc.

Offline thetrick

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:28 PM »
Hey Guys,

Midwest boy that resides in Beacon fish and hunt much as time permits... Top 3 interests are trout fishing, duck hunting and bow hunting.   

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »
welcome to the site bro.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline M.G.Brown

• www.nytaxidermist.com
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:24 PM »
Hey guys, im Mike Brown. I've Been fishing and hunting pretty much since i can remember. Im pretty sure i know of a lot of you, a lot of you may know or remember me through my Father Jimmy Brown (Brownie). Saw a paper about this site in my dads shop last year, thought it was an interesting and a great idea, finally got around to making my own profile. I'm really into the site, wish i had gotten on it sooner. Excited for Bow-season to start. Having trouble posting a picture though. No matter how much i shrink the picture down it comes up as an error saying its too big.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
mike thanks for coming on maybe u can help your dad out on here a bit.lol  hey in the category forum operations their is a step by step video using the photo bucket method its so simple once u do it and is the easiest method

Offline MountainHunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:07 AM »
Welcome Mike, very nice buck in your avatar photograph!

Offline Tippin'Scales

• Posted
  • NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • Tippin' Scales Sportfishing
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 08:22:58 AM »
Welcome to the group Mike. x:)

Nice Buck!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal