Author Topic: Perfect Winter Hike  (Read 742 times)

Offline TenXTimmy

Perfect Winter Hike
« on: January 19, 2023, 06:13:43 PM »
https://youtu.be/1OkOb0qoj9k
Thanks for watching!
We had a really nice hike to the Hunter Fire Tower Monday.  Cool, crisp, and a great workout! It was our first time on Hunter and we would recommend it!

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Perfect Winter Hike
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 02:42:17 PM »
Nice! We sure do live in a beautiful area of the country!!!

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 05:06:15 PM »
Perfect beautiful cold winter morning to take the family on a hike like that.. Never been up there might have to go myself sometime. Great video.. (beers)
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Overland

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 07:10:40 PM »
Hunter is a great hike with great views from the top. I think Hunter may be the Catskills mountain with the greatest number of trailed options for reaching the summit. There's the Spruceton horsepath, the Devil's Path from Spruceton, the Devil's Path from Devil's Tombstone on 214, and Becker Hollow on 214. You can also hike up the Hunter Mountain ski trails, or take the chairlift up when it's running, and then make your way to the firetower and true summit.

A favorite option is making a loop from Spruceton, going up (or down) the Devil's Path and tagging the summit of SW Hunter as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal