Author Topic: Is this regular season as slow as it seems to me?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Is this regular season as slow as it seems to me?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2022, 06:08:36 PM »
We covered some ground today with the muzzleloaders in the lowlands, saw tons of tracks, a few does and a few small bucks, all in the thickest patches I could find, no deer in the open woods, and they did not want to leave the thickets.

Offline Rickhem

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2022, 07:47:05 AM »
I have more deer tracks all over the lawn and fields around the house than I could believe.  They're along the driveway, along all the treelines, criss cross around behind the pond, and aimlessly all over the lawn.  Took the muzzleloader for a walk last night after work, about 3:45 to 5:00, and there are tracks seemingly everywhere in the fields and woods below the house, and all that is since Sunday afternoon when it snowed.  You'd think that there's dozens of deer running everywhere from all the tracks in the snow.  They do seem to lead into, and come out of the thickest gnarliest areas too.  Hmmmmm, might be something to learn from that.

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2022, 04:14:47 PM »
I was down in pa today and saw the biggest buck I 25 years out cruising at least a 170 inch monster

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2022, 06:14:08 PM »
I was down in pa today and saw the biggest buck I 25 years out cruising at least a 170 inch monster
Damm, I wish I would see something like that, lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal