Author Topic: NYS safe act FAQ  (Read 10259 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
NYS safe act FAQ
« on: January 19, 2013, 07:37:23 AM »
 Questions and answers pertaining to the NYS SAFE ACT..

http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline woodgrenade

Re: Answers to your questions here..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »
Does a stock/grip change constitute a permanent modification to an AR or other horrible bad bad gun?  For instance wouldn't using a California legal non-pistol grip stock on an AR be just as permanent as replacing a thumbhole stock on a shotgun with a non-thumb hole stock?  Combined with other changes (no flash suppressor, telescoping stock, etc) could the AR be modified so it doesn't have to be registered?  On the state site under the modification Q/A section about registering a gun that no longer has "assault" features "No. If you modify your gun so that it is not an assault weapon, you do not have to register it. The modification must be permanent however. This includes, for example, removing the bayonet lug by cutting or grinding, grinding off the threads on the barrel, removing the foregrip so that it cannot be readily reattached, or any change that cannot be reversed through reasonable means."  Just thinking out loud and fishing for opinions.  :)

Offline Cnacc

Re: NYS safe act FAQ
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »
I have a Remington 700 model XR, bolt action single shoot in a Ruger 204 round. It has by the Mfg. a thumb hole stock. Is this going to be considered an illegal rifle ??? I see a Hole, they see a thumb hole as a mean and bad looking killing machine. ...well maybe a few wood chucks might agree

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: NYS safe act FAQ
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
I believe not.. If it were a semi auto then yes but not the bolt..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal