Author Topic: Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)  (Read 137830 times)

Offline Cherrytown

Re: Are you new to this site?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »
Hello, My name is Rich and Iam 42 years old ,married with 2 boys ages 11 & 12 and live in Kerhonkson ,NY .I been a life time resident of the area .I also a member of the Rondout Valley Rod and Gun club since 1985 . My boys are starting to get into hunting and fishing .My oldest son just joined the gun club. I love the fact my kids enjoy hunting and fishing with me.I enjoy deer hunting the most. the whole family eats venison and fish we shot or catch.

Offline Tater Salad

• HVS STAFF.
  • Super Hero Member
  • Lou "Tater Salad" Lynch ... You Caught the Tater
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »
Welcome Jay and Rich.
Jake ... from State Farm

Offline THE BUCKMASTER

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
    WELCOME RICH. I AM ALSO A MEMBER OF THE RONDOUT ROD & GUN CLUB.

Offline fishnfool

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »
I'm new to the sight would like to get sticker but haven't seen any at angela's can i get them some place.Thanks.

Offline tailspin348

• Super Hero Member
  • Answer to the Age-Old Question ??
    • Tri-State Carports, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »
fishnfool - I've got some - High Falls, behind the Morning Brew cafe' -

Tailspin348
Got a Question - Need an Answer - Join the fun on HudsonValleySportsman.com  
Sales agent for Tri-State Carports, Inc.....carports, garages, sheds, etc.

Offline Sniper22

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 02:45:50 PM »
Hey just stopping in to say hello. 26yr old from Kerhonkson. I stopped down at Tom's Taxidermy this morning for some bait and I got a cool sticker for this site. I figured why not sign up for it and see what it has to offer.  Tom just got a delivery of sawbellies if anybody is looking. Also just picked up a strike guard from him as well, something ive been looking for for quite some time.  Good luck to all fishermen and women. I look forward to seeing some pictures of some good catches!

Offline tailspin348

• Super Hero Member
  • Answer to the Age-Old Question ??
    • Tri-State Carports, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
ATTABOY SNIPER22 - welcome aboard - enjoy the site and tell all your "huntin & fishin" friends about this site - get them to sign on as there is a lot of great info being posted by many of our DEDICATED members.

Good luck

tailspin348
Got a Question - Need an Answer - Join the fun on HudsonValleySportsman.com  
Sales agent for Tri-State Carports, Inc.....carports, garages, sheds, etc.

Offline Gut shot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
CHUCK DEE TOYOTA SERVICE MANAGER FOR PRESTIGE IN KINGSTON . I GREW UP IN DUTCHESS COUNTY MOVED TO THIS SIDE OF THE RIVER 12 YEARS AGO. I HUNT AND FISH WHEN EVER I CAN. I'VE BEEN LEARNING TAXIDERMY FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS.   

Offline brushwolf

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »
Brushwolf aka John Childs. Hunt,fish, trap and hunt my beagles. I am 45 yrs.old and have lived in the area all my life.   

Offline meat hook

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
brian z. lived here for my all my life. love to hunt and fish grew up in a bait and taxidermy shop. so this is all part of me. if im not fishing im hunting. im married and have a 2 year old boy. i think this is the last year his mother is gonna see him. im starting to get him hooked to the great outdoors just like myself.

Offline corn field killa

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:20 PM »
arthur davies.I'm a life long hudson valley resident.I have lived in the Roundout valley for about 10 years now.I am married to a wonderful women and we have 2 boys.ages 5 years and the other is 3 months.I'm a commercial sheetmetal journeyman/HVAC tech with the SMW local 38.Hunting,fishing and the outdoors are my true love.I cant get enough of it!!!!
"Wishin I was fishin"
No man ever fishes the same river twice! For it is not the same river and he is not the same man...

Offline Tater Salad

• HVS STAFF.
  • Super Hero Member
  • Lou "Tater Salad" Lynch ... You Caught the Tater
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 07:29:58 PM »
Good to have ya aboard Killa!
Jake ... from State Farm

Offline corn field killa

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
Thanks Lou,good to be here.This is a great sight.
"Wishin I was fishin"
No man ever fishes the same river twice! For it is not the same river and he is not the same man...

Offline windblaze822

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
What's up my fellow anglers and hunters of the Hudson Valley. Heard about this site from a friend of my friend, so far it's I like the site. A little background on me is I'm a freshwater fisherman. I target bass mainly, and other fish like catfish or trout secondly depending on my mood (lol). I strongly support catch & release. I haven't kept a fish in over 5 years, too many people in my area over harvest fish, which has created a low catch size and catch rate. I recently graduated with my associates degree in natural resources and wildlife technology, and will be heading back to school in August to get my bachelors to become a fisheries biologist. If anyone knows of an agency or private company that does environmental work and needs a knowledgeable summer employee give me a holler, because the DEP & DEC isn't hiring. With that said see you guys on the water...Oh my name is Big Steve
-The Hip Hop Angler-

Offline Dinsdale

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
OK...I'll go;

Dan;but I do respond to Dinsdale and its better to shout that at me cause I will look.44,single,carpenter/cabinet maker.

Grew up outside Buffalo,where I did a little fishing,mostly bass,some trout down in Northern Pa. where I spent alot of summers with relatives.

Never owned or even shot a gun til I was invited to a informal trap shoot when I moved here to the Red Hook area at 24.Thought that was damn cool,so the next year did my hunter saftey course.First hour of the first time I ever deer hunted;shot my first doe.Was all alone,and that must have been some sight watching me gut that animal.LOL But I got it done with no slip ups.

That kinda got me hooked and have been fortunate to do a fair bit of big-game hunting in a couple of places out of state and country.Most of my interests lay there in big game;but I enjoy just about anything hunting or fishing.

This economy has taken a chunk out of my travel plans being in the trades,so I have spent more time playing in our neck of the woods the last year or two.Sometimes you find you have some cool stuff in you own backyard.
if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain,if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal