Author Topic: Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)  (Read 137827 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Are you new to this site?(Introduce yourself)
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
A place you could tell us all a little about yourself. Are you a hunter, fisherman, etc? No need to tell us your name or address just a little about yourself and how you came about this site.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Featherbuster

• Frank Lapp
Re: Are you new to this site?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »
Haly Caller AKA Frank Lapp  I lived the High Falls area for 30yrs then moved to Parish NY about 10min south of the big fishing hole Pulaski I lived there 9 years and now reside in Cincinnatus NY About 10 min east of Cortland Ny  My wife and I are the owners of Hally Caller Wildlife Calls and also work as a corporate safety manager for a concrete company We love to hunt and fish but Bowfishing at night is my Passion

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »
Ron Lambertson, founder of New York Sportsmen Forum. I'm 42yrs old and live in the town of Wawarsing. I'm happily married for 20yrs with 2 great kids (one in college and one in middle school). I work full time for the phone company as a repair tech. and have been a taxidermist for the past 15yrs.  I've been an avid hunter and fisherman here in the Hudson Valley all my life.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Razorsedge

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:52:37 PM »
David Poppo, I work full time for NYSDOCS, part time for Canal Street Cutlery, co-owner of Wise guys excavating, owner of Razors Edge sharpening service (yes I work hard but play even harder). I've lived in Ellenville all my life (38 yrs). I spend about 100 or so days a year hunting, fishing, but most people know me as a predator hunting finatic.

Offline ac1aw

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »
Im Michael,  life long resident of the area for 34 years now,  I say 29 with 5 years experience  LOL  Im a father of 3 boys and 1 girl, and yes I have had all of them fishing and in the field introducing to hunting.

I fish, hunt, did some trapping when I was younger.  When I was a teen and early 20's before marriage and kids, I was crazy fisherman and hunter, now it alot harder with life but I still find the time.

I prefer fishing over hunting, you can almost always let the fish go after you catch it, once you pull the trigger there no shot and release.  I do pull the trigger, I have deer in the freezer along with squirrel and some crappie. 

That alittle about me, we will learn more as we go.

Offline Recurver

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »
Ed oetzel,I live in Ellenville ny,Love to bow hunt and its great to have a site like this to share.like to shoot 3ds and use a recurve for my bowhunting and like to blackpowder hunt.Anyone in the area thank wants to get together or shoot get in contact...ED

Offline doublelung

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
twiggler, Aka Bill Terwilliger, Heard about this site from a friend of mine, great idea Ron!  Ive hunted and fished NY all my life, great place to live and HUNT!  I live in Saugerties and Ill tell ya, we shoot some good bucks up here, but it seems to be gettin harder every year. Not only killin good bucks, but just even seein them. So in 03 I started huntin the Midwest, and let me tell ya, once you start huntin out there you'll be hooked. Ive managed to harvest 2 great bucks out there so far. And I cant tell you how many 130in. animals Ive let walk. For me its worth it just to see those deer cruisin through the woods. So if you get a chance to hunt out there GO!! you won't regret it.    Good huntin!

Offline deerhammer

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 08:48:26 AM »
Hi all,
I'm 45 & live  in marlboro, mostly into archery but I do gun hunt and reload also.
Found this site on a sig link at AT(archery talk)
Always good to hang with the local boys. ;D
DH
SCOPE NYSRPA NRA member and proud bitter clinger

Offline Tater Salad

• HVS STAFF.
  • Super Hero Member
  • Lou "Tater Salad" Lynch ... You Caught the Tater
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 11:45:13 PM »
Lou Lynch, 37 and live in Accord NY (Akerd as the locals say).  After checking the member list, I recognized a lot of the names, hoping to get to know the rest of you as well.  Thanks to Ron for putting this together, I too was looking for an online community that was a little more local than the ones that were out there.

I make my living on the web.  I am an internet professional specializing in web development, marketing, lead generation and other boring crap that makes my time in the woods much needed.  I am also a director on the Hudson Valley Quality Deer Management Association (local QDMA branch).  From my experience with the association so far, I know that some sportsman are firmly for or firmly against some of the principles practiced by QDM'ers. I am open minded to both schools of thought but firmly believe QDM is the future of deer hunting in our area.  That said, I promise not to pull out my soap box.  After all, we sportsman are a dying breed and few in numbers, no need for us to be divided.

Looking forward reading more!
Jake ... from State Farm

Offline roddenreels

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
Hey Ron, I finally logged on.  James Rodden, avid fisherman.  Good to have local forum not run by a bunch of D-bags from PA.  Hope to provide many photos of Trout & Stripers.  See you at the wall.
Only a dead fish goes with the flow

Offline wardy

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »
 Im Mike Ward I live in southern Dutchess county.Love to fish and hunt.Gun or bow ,fish fresh or salt .I belong to QDMA and enjoy doing habitat improvement,especially foodplots.

Jaycr3183

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:27:27 PM »
Jay Rowe, Grew up in Saratoga Springs, Moved Down to Kignston when I was 6.  Still visit the North Country quite often.  Fishing Junkie.  Stripers are my favorite, followed by hard water, then salmon and brownies in the fall upstate.  I love to hunt whitetails and long bears as well,  but lately I have been gettign more and more excited to check my trail camera pictures as the season progresses.  Actually WEM on here called in my very first long beard 6 years ago, and I gotta full body mount done on it.  Thanks again Bill, and rob psycho turned me on to this web site.   When Striper season rolls around, if anyone wants to go fishing, lemme know, always room on the boat.

Offline dummerman

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »
Scott Roger, lived in Wappingers my whole life. I'm 21 years old and I am in school but also working two jobs, one of which is at the Lodge at Dicks Sporting Goods. I am mostly a whitetail hunter and do everything from the start of bow to the end of black powder. I do enjoy to fish  freshwater a bit but mostly just saltwater, some shore fishing from the beach and a lot of stripers and blues from the boat.
The Nuge is my hero

Offline northy42

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 11:40:30 AM »
Northy42 AKA Jay North. I am a local and been here all my life. I found your site from a friend and think its great to have a local chat box to share our stories.

Offline tailspin348

• Super Hero Member
  • Answer to the Age-Old Question ??
    • Tri-State Carports, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
Welcome aboard Jay - it is a great site and guys like you bringing others on keeps it interesting. Spread the word.
Got a Question - Need an Answer - Join the fun on HudsonValleySportsman.com  
Sales agent for Tri-State Carports, Inc.....carports, garages, sheds, etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal