Author Topic: Esopus  (Read 1100 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Esopus
« on: September 19, 2022, 07:30:11 AM »
Took the dog and pin for a walk Sunday. If you fish the esopus just wanted to give u a update on the lower end. If the upper basin reservoir level stay like it is there will be some good fishing in a few weeks from now. From the chimney hole down there are some really nice holes and soon as the water temps come down you should see some nice fish moving up. Nothing but some smallmouth right now but the trout shouldnt be to far behind...Good luck.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline jimboy

• NYS Supporter
Re: Esopus
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 08:00:52 AM »
Great Picture and beautiful dog!

Offline ATS1755

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • This man's best friend RIP 2011-2020
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »
That's a great shot of Buster!

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 10:09:22 PM »
Another good pic

Offline Gino_Alessandro

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 10:59:53 PM »
Awesome fishing pal you have there Ron!
Looking forward to a good fall trout season  :D

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 06:48:36 AM »
Nice looking 9'er Ron.
I hit the Ecreek for a few hours last Friday evening to see how gulp minnows worked on a pin--no hits on 3 different colors with 2 and 2.5" sizes.  Had a few egg sacks in my kit and ended up landing a 14" rainbow on one prior to going home.  Right at dusk a lady came into the new parking area and walked down to the creek, took her clothes off down to a swimsuit and jumped into the pool below me and started doing laps.  15-20 MPH wind with the truck thermo showing 48' I was cold enough that I turned the heater on high leaving the lot.  I chuckle thinking about how tough she was sitting drip drying on those rocks on the side of the creek while i was cold as all get out with a hoodie and heavy vest on, wondering if her permit was different than mine allowing her to take a dip.  Who knows, maybe she flushed that bow up to my side of the pool.  ;)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 06:05:53 AM »
that's crazy.. the esopus should be fishing good now I see it's getting down in the mid 50's over night.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 09:02:59 AM »
Fished from the chimney to the footbridge 2.5 hrs--not a hit and no mermaid sightings.  Had a big mink working the far shore past me and saw 2 other fisherman that I didn't see catching anything.  That mink worked every inch of that shore---talk about on a mission for food!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal