Author Topic: 2022 vehicle storage laws?  (Read 621 times)

Offline swamplover11

2022 vehicle storage laws?
« on: September 04, 2022, 10:12:13 AM »
Would appreciate an opinion on this part of the new unconstitutional tyrannical infringement 'law'
Safe Storage( is this only talking about handguns?)

Effective September 1, 2022, if you leave your gun unattended in a vehicle, it must be unloaded and locked in a fire, impact, and tamper resistant storage depository that is hidden from view. Glove compartments and glove boxes are not appropriate safe storage depositories(guessing this part is only talking about handguns?). A plastic or aluminum, lockable, hard-sided, gun case or safe will suffice for this purpose. (< Wondering if they are saying my shotgun, rifle, muzzleloader have to be in a plastic or aluminum, lockable, hard-sided gun case or safe or if as always long guns just have to be in a gun case in which a soft soft case is sufficient?)

If an adult remains with the vehicle to ensure security, a case or safe is not required. To prevent theft and ensure safety, it is always recommended that firearms be secured during transport.   Local rules for traveling with firearms also apply and may be more restrictive. For example, New York City requires that all guns be unloaded, in a case, and out of sight, even when you are with the vehicle (Penal Law § 265.45).

Seems the politicians love to make everything as unclear as possible to leave room for ticketing or arrest( in my opinion ).
 *Cough, If the NRA would do what they claim to be doing, these laws would already be gone as well as the majority if not all gun laws. Which would never happen because they wouldn't make millions every year on memberships and donation and they would be out of a 'job'. *cough
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Offline ole bleu

Re: 2022 vehicle storage laws?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 10:38:22 AM »
Go to the guns and ammo page ATS posted a list

Offline gdk45

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 09:08:08 PM »
"Effective September 1, 2022, if you leave your gun unattended in a vehicle"

I read this to mean all guns, not just handguns.

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 11:18:33 PM »
if you leave your gun unattended in a vehicle, ''it must be unloaded and locked in a fire, impact, and tamper resistant storage depository''( sounds like they are describing a safe, the only safes I have ever seen for a vehicle are for handguns) that is hidden from view. Glove compartments and glove boxes are not appropriate safe storage depositories
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 08:50:21 PM »
I am old and do not believe in these unlawful things being implemented and will not change how I do things

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal