Author Topic: Ammo laws to change in September  (Read 594 times)

Offline LeadBobber

Ammo laws to change in September
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:55:12 PM »
I was Dick's yesterday and was told by the guy at the gun counter that beginning September 1st they will be running background checks on all ammo purchases, as well as tacking on a $10 per box State Trooper fee. How does this make guns or the public safer? These people are really out of control. I don't know about the rest of you, but I refuse to pay these ridiculous fees. Ammo road trips will likely become a necessary part of future hunting seasons. Something really needs to give in this state! 
‘If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish, would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it.”      Norm Maclean

Offline brushwolf

Re: Ammo laws to change in September
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »
I was reading an article in the Outdoor news paper about the new laws. One of which is transportation of firearms. State wants them locked in secure case {also fireproof ? } and out of sight within the vehicle. DEC was quoted as saying a hard plastic case locked would be acceptable in a hunting situation.

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 01:22:26 PM »
I got an idea .....
Let's all move to Texas ...!!!

Govenor of Texas says " come on down boys and bring your guns "

NY sucks , with its high taxes and ridiculous gun /ammo laws ...
Now horseface Hochel wants to outlaw my kids play guns !!!  No more cowboys and Indians kids ..

I never thought it could get any worse , but somehow they find a way ....to screw it up even more !!

After September, I'll be taking road trips to buy ammo , who's coming with me ...
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 01:28:34 PM »
Sign me up muskrat

Offline gdk45

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 04:03:02 PM »
Was going to bring up chartering a bus at my next gun club meeting so we can all go ammo shopping at Cabelas.

Offline brushwolf

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 06:39:00 PM »
Excellent idea !!

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 06:53:49 PM »
Do they actually have it though I’ve been searching for 410’s for months pretty much set on everything else but will stock up when I get the chance on everything else

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal