Author Topic: pepacton reservoir boat area  (Read 892 times)

Offline furchaser

pepacton reservoir boat area
« on: March 26, 2022, 02:32:18 PM »
i have a boat on the rondout res. but want to put a second boat on the pepacton res.,i'm thinking about shavertown or bushkill sites.any suggestions on these spots or other boat sites.not trying to invade others area, it's a two hour drive one way and won't be there alot.
                                                                                                          thanks furchaser[dan]

Offline Camp Cook

Re: pepacton reservoir boat area
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 03:32:43 PM »
I had a boat at the bridge.  Generally caught a few trout and smallmouth around the piers.   Never caught a slammer though

Offline Gordon

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 09:31:49 PM »
I like Cat Hollow area (by dam) as well as Shavertown Bridge and Miller Hollow. One thing to be aware of, some spots like parts of the Cat Hollow area have pretty steep inclines down to the water while others are more level. Unlike Rondout, the water level on Pepacton will usually drop over the course of a season, wheels on your boat are a really good idea.

Offline Mallon

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 01:44:02 PM »
I personally have never fished up near shavertown, but have heard good things. My boats are down on the dam end. Miller, Huntley, Cat hollow areas. I believe there’s fish to be caught all throught that res at all times of the year though.  Only advice I would give is take a ride one day to scope out the spots you’re thinking of first in person before deciding on a spot. And don’t give yourself any longer of a ride than you already have to if you’re that far away. Look for closest, easiest access and I’m sure you will be able to get on some quality fish

Offline striperman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 08:35:16 AM »
I had a boat at shavertown for a few years and did real good.Pulled in last year because of the drive was to far.Here is one of the nice ones from there.
Golf,the art of playing fetch with yourself.

Offline furchaser

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 05:06:59 PM »
thanks everyone for your info.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal