Author Topic: Ice storm  (Read 1501 times)

Offline The Warden

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
  • My daughter Gena Loves to fish!
Re: Ice storm
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 11:09:23 AM »
She’s got grit…..I love it lol,  She sure does Bob. I'm getting T-shirts made now. “She’s got grit”
Thanks WEM  ;)  I had no other choice. (beers) we were warm and ate good. Order one for your mom too..lol
No person was ever honored for what he received . Honor is the reward for what he gave.

I Looked and now I'm hooked on HVS

Offline SHForestry

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • South Side Rod & Gun Club
    • Sheldon Hill Forestry Supplies Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 05:35:51 PM »

I'm glad it worked out for you , but I knew you could do it ...
Your a tuff gal , and you got grit !!!    😂
[/quote]
 I have to agree  Bob……lots of grit! 👍
http://shop.shforestrysupplies.com/                Forestry-Logging-Safety Equipment

Online GrizG

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 07:11:46 PM »
I had another couple hours of chainsawing today... and plan on more tomorrow and Thursday. The sad part is that so far almost none of it is firewood material, it's almost all stuff that needs disposal. Next week there will be more sawing... All good fun!
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline The Warden

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
  • My daughter Gena Loves to fish!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 07:28:28 PM »
Thanks, Brian I do try. You know the old saying "when things get tough the tough get going". At least in our generation. ;) lol
No person was ever honored for what he received . Honor is the reward for what he gave.

I Looked and now I'm hooked on HVS

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 08:10:57 AM »
I had another couple hours of chainsawing today... and plan on more tomorrow and Thursday. The sad part is that so far almost none of it is firewood material, it's almost all stuff that needs disposal. Next week there will be more sawing... All good fun!

make some brush piles for the grouse and rabbits

Online GrizG

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 10:10:09 AM »

make some brush piles for the grouse and rabbits

On some of the properties that is basically what is going to happen... "Compost in place" is happening in others--get the hazards on the ground and leave them. In the urban setting it's mostly cut up and in barrels with an 8" maple branch going into the wood pile for the lake's fireplace. The rail trail has a lot of large trees down and over the next 2-4 weeks several of us will be running saws to clear them... 22 miles is going to take a while.  ;)
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal