Author Topic: State Looks to Cut Emissions from Heating with Wood  (Read 2452 times)

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
Re: State Looks to Cut Emissions from Heating with Wood
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 11:31:43 AM »
This Country is shot and these fruitcake liberals need to go…
Oh Yeah !

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2022, 05:19:35 AM »
This Country is shot and these fruitcake liberals need to go…

I hate to say it but it keeps getting worse WEM.  I think that my 2 year year old Yellow Lab has more common sense than many of these fine folks that are taking us down the garden path off the cliff.  Free Power if you can afford the $100,000 Tesla. 

Offline Geco16

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 02:46:07 PM »
These installations look ok given all the subsidies and givebacks that are now included. What happens when these go away. California and Florida, both very sunny places, are considering removing the financial benefits you would get by putting what you generate into the grid. The utilities are starting to lose money as so many panels are being installed and people are not having to pay for their generated electricity.

Offline Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 06:46:21 PM »

Sounds like someone needs to invent a "catalytic converter'- like device for the wood stove chimney cowl . . . . I know it's being worked on!!

https://www.directstoves.com/resources/are-wood-burners-bad-for-the-environment/
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

Online GrizG

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2022, 07:02:15 PM »

Sounds like someone needs to invent a "catalytic converter'- like device for the wood stove chimney cowl . . . . it's being worked on!!

https://www.directstoves.com/resources/are-wood-burners-bad-for-the-environment/

Geez... I thought they've been around for quite some time. No??  Maybe they've been tying for quite some time??
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2022, 09:26:21 AM »
Well, here’s a perfect example of how out of touch the politicians are…..thousands of people are staying warm and preventing their houses pipes from freezing thanks due to firewood. Tens of thousands without power in -2* weather is a problem, but if you burn wood it at least saves you.

A similar situation a few years ago in Texas, huge ice storm disabled windmills and solar panels leaving thousands without heat and electricity……. Another example recently, major hyway I95 I think was closed, leaving hundreds of vehicles stuck on the road in a blizzard….imagine if they were all electric vehicles????

There’s a certain need and place for cleaner power, less emissions and electric vehicles with solar power….BUT it is not and will NEVER be the do all say all solution. Just think, right now as we speak there are combustion engines generating power due to the power grid taking a hit. Just saying!!!!

Online GrizG

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2022, 11:24:29 AM »
Another example recently, major hyway I95 I think was closed, leaving hundreds of vehicles stuck on the road in a blizzard….imagine if they were all electric vehicles????
Sounds like an opportunity... have a real big diesel generator on the back of a diesel truck equipped with Tesla Super Chargers and drive along the shoulder collecting money.  ;)
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2022, 02:41:17 PM »
Another example recently, major hyway I95 I think was closed, leaving hundreds of vehicles stuck on the road in a blizzard….imagine if they were all electric vehicles????
Sounds like an opportunity... have a real big diesel generator on the back of a diesel truck equipped with Tesla Super Chargers and drive along the shoulder collecting money.  ;)
🤣

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2022, 02:29:32 PM »
These fine people don"t even want to know that 80% of the power that keeps their not so green E-vehicles charged comes form burning fossil fuels and many of the batteries are made by under age workers in the Congo(Africa) by Chinese and Russian companies.  It keeps getting worse the more that gets known about the green hoax that is being shoved down our throats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal