Author Topic: ban on trail camera's  (Read 2399 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
ban on trail camera's
« on: January 07, 2022, 02:46:08 PM »
From  NFrom Fox News - Utah bans use of trail cameras in big game hunting
Utah bans use of trail cameras in big game hunting

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/utah-bans-trail-cameras-big-game-hunting.  Not one for new laws but dont like these new cellular trail cams and would like to see them banned on state land here in NY myself.. Guys are becoming obsessed with them not only have 1 but 5, 10 even 15 of them in the woods. ill be disabling any cellular camera i come across on state land for now on..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline LouieM

Re: ban on trail camera's
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 03:24:22 PM »
I agree about the cell cams on state land.  I've noticed that some folks get so hung up on cameras its like they are hunting for pics rather than meat. 

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 04:32:37 PM »
But I bet you both use the x bow just saying what’s good for the goose should be good for the gander 😂

Offline LouieM

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 04:51:53 PM »
I use a compound during bow and a rifle during reg and a MZ during the late season. Not sure where the crossbow comes in??      I just agree that cell cams on public land is stretching technology too far...  I've been hesitant on placing any cameras because I like to stay out of my best spots.  I know guys get away with it but some of my spots are more remote and not as easy to access without getting patterned by a mature buck.  To each their own though. I do not discount anybody for using cameras or xbows. 

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 05:00:09 PM »
Exactly that was my point

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 06:38:23 PM »
Hunting for pictures thats so true..lol. 
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline jdbbowhunter

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 07:40:26 AM »
Big difference between NY and western states. Trail cam ban out west is more directed at guides using cams to run customers to kill an animal. Just my opinion. They could be banned on public, never fly on private.

Offline gunner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 08:22:52 AM »
I don’t have a problem with technology. Some of the real remote mountain spots would be great to have a camera in. See what’s around and being a cell camera you don’t have to go in and stink things up just to check pictures. I am all for them and own 2 myself.

Offline CMJ76

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 08:40:02 AM »
I am all for them too. I did have one of my cell cameras broken this year and the sd card stolen. They came in from behind the camera. Same idiot stole bottom sections of treestand steps to at least 2 of our tree stands and tried to remove another section from another stand. I have a feeling they will be caught because they did not see all the hidden cameras. They do come in handy for those purposes.

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 11:09:53 AM »
Im personally on the fence about cell cameras I personally do not own any but i have been thinking of buying some. Im on the fence because I feel that technology is keeping us from being in the woods enjoying nature and allowing us to get away for awhile. By going out and pulling cards you get the best of both worlds you get that experience and some intel on the wild life. At the same time  cell cams do allow you to keep a eye on things with out blowing the spot up.   

Offline jdbbowhunter

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 11:22:08 AM »
Regardless I'm sure the DEC will make decisions based on input of sportsman n sound management practices. LMFAO!!

Offline JohnB

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 03:09:28 PM »
If I see a trail camera on public land where I hunt I am glad when it's a cellular one. Too many times I have had guys come walking through to get to their regular cameras cards while I am up a tree during bow season. Wish they would just stay on their couch. I use mine on private just so I don't go in and stink the place up, that and it's an hour and a half away from home.

Offline Chris1389

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 04:39:40 PM »
Dont Tread On My Trail Cameras!! Lol

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2022, 07:39:27 AM »
its more about the fact someone can be watching you in real time on state land and not about fair chase hunting. i just dont think that everytime i want to sit down whether for hunting or for whatever reason that i should have to look around for a cellular camera  before i do.

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 11:57:50 AM »
And honestly this kind of stuff is exactly why so many people are turned off from public land hunting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal