Author Topic: NYS DEC Contest  (Read 1100 times)

Offline degriz

NYS DEC Contest
« on: December 01, 2021, 05:16:16 PM »

Just received an email from the DEC about a contest you can enter if you take your Coviv shot between Dec 1 & Dec 31 2021 you are eligible if you take a shot between those dates.

I sent an email to voice my opinion that it discriminates against others who have already have been vaccinated. I would suggest you do the same.

Here is a list of some of the prizes. that you WILL NOT be eligible for if you are already vaccinated. Are the prizes paid with licence fees? tax dollars?

Fishing: Lifetime fishing license, fishing kayak, vest, rod and reel;
Bowhunter: Lifetime hunter and bowhunting license, high-quality crossbow package or compound bow package with ½ dozen bolts or arrows, ladder tree stand, safety harness/fall arrest system, and 10x42 binoculars;
Rifle hunter: Lifetime sportsman license, high-quality riflescope, ladder tree stand, safety harness/fall arrest system, and 10x42 binoculars;
Turkey hunter: Lifetime sportsman license, high-quality ground blind, turkey hunting vest, hen decoy pair, shotgun optical sight, slate call, and 10x42 binoculars; and
Birding: 20-60x spotting scope, 10x42 binoculars, bird feeder, bird seed, bird house, deluxe birding guide, and I Bird NY materials

Fishing: Annual fishing license, fishing kayak, vest, rod and reel;
Bowhunter: Annual hunter and bowhunting license, high-quality crossbow OR compound bow package with ½ dozen bolts or arrows, a ladder tree stand, a safety harness/fall arrest system, and 8x42 binoculars;
Riflehunter: Annual hunting license, high-quality riflescope, a ladder tree stand, a safety harness/fall arrest system, and 8x42 binoculars;
Turkey hunter: Annual hunting license and turkey permit, high quality ground blind, turkey hunting vest, hen decoy, slate call, and 8x42 binoculars; and
Birder: 8x42 binoculars, birdfeeder, bird seed and I Bird NY materials.

Online jdbbowhunter

Re: NYS DEC Contest
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 06:16:21 PM »
Just another pitiful attempt by government using taxpayers dollars!

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 07:25:03 PM »
Lol. That’s funny. 
Oh Yeah !

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 07:43:34 PM »
I don't even know what to say to this

Offline chris

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 08:48:49 PM »
Isn’t bribery illegal 🤔

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 06:24:36 AM »
seems like the state is trying to reach out to conservatives
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline LouieM

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 08:29:15 AM »
Pfizer supplying goodie bags now? Damn I should have waited  (santa)

Offline ruck

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »
Absolutely disgusting, and just more proof that there is something evil behind this vaccine. I agree, I want to know if my license fees are paying for this.

Modified this post to add that I just sent a hate email to DEC requesting to know how this discriminatory sweepstakes is being funded. I'd be shocked if I get a response.

Offline RageThruTheCage24

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 02:39:35 PM »
There are people dumb enough that will take a free hunting license etc over there personal beliefs. It's pathetic its America that's the beautiful thing if you want the shot go get it if you don't then don't. Vaccinated people some times don't get as sick with it sometimes they get just as sick. Sometimes  unvaccinated don't get sick and sometimes they do fact is natural selection is cruel but that's the way it is. 

Offline degriz

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 04:02:32 PM »
The DEC responce I received from the e-mail I sent. They applaud you if you took the shot , but no mention of how contest is funded.

contact@dec.ny.gov <contact@dec.ny.gov>
To:

Thu, Dec 2 at 2:18 PM

The Take Your Shot for an Outdoor Adventure sweepstakes is open to the first 2,000 newly vaccinated entrants and is among a wide range of incentives and initiatives being done in every part of the state to encourage more New Yorkers to get vaccinated and protect themselves and others from COVID-19.

DEC applauds the many outdoor adventurers who have been vaccinated and hopes the sweepstakes announcement bolsters ongoing efforts to help more people choose to receive their first shot this winter.

DEC Web Team

Offline zwickey

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2021, 01:32:05 PM »
Along with this, they keep issuing additional doe tags for units that were devastated by EHD last season. I wonder how they determine what units need more thinning out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal