Author Topic: covid  (Read 2434 times)

Offline touge30

covid
« on: November 28, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »
Just for conversation.How many of us have had covid? its been one year for me and everything still taste like brass knuckles .And have limited smell but thank god fairly healthy.AND HAVENT SEEN A BUCK YET.probably75 hours in the stand .Just ranting good luck

Offline ruck

Re: covid
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:18:50 PM »
I had blood work recently and was positive for Covid antibodies, so I guess I had it. The last time I was sick was Feb. 2020, so either that was Covid, or I had it without symptoms since then.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 05:25:57 AM »
No covid no buck..
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 08:31:38 PM »
No Convids here!

Come to find out,not one country has a isolated, purified sample of it and the tests they were using (PCR) was just one more means to inflate “case”numbers has been admitted by cdc and fda to have been unreliable means of testing for it. Go figure!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Offline Rickhem

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 06:53:22 AM »
I have not "officially" been diagnosed as having had COVID, but haven't been tested for antibodies either.  I did have the nasal swab test done 4 times so far for travel and for work related activities, and always came up negative, but not sure how those tests work or what they actually identify.  Don't know if the antibody test is a different process, or if they cross-reference each other  a bit.  I do know that my sense of smell is greatly diminished from where I used to be.  I haven't been able to really smell fresh cut grass, the sweet scents from being under an apple tree, or even that smell of dirt when tilling the garden for quite some time now. 
I've had the Moderna vaccine shots, so will any testing for anitbodies be compromised because of that?  Doesn't the vaccine help generate antibodies in me?  I hear that natural immunity is far superior to immunization, so are those antibodies different, and if so, different enough to identify separately in a lab test?
I'd love to sit and pick someone's brain on this whole subject some day. 

Offline Gut shot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 08:25:25 AM »
No Covid here

Offline UCBowhunter

• Redneck Cupid
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 07:59:01 PM »
I have not had it as far as i know. my parents had it before getting the first jab. My wife works at vassar and has been x-raying people since day one. hasnt tested positive yet.
I quit smoking bring on hunting season I need to kill chit

Offline WEM144

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 08:07:40 PM »
Sorry, this conversation involves HIPPA violations. Lmfao.
Oh Yeah !

Offline DXT

• NYS Mentor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 08:39:38 PM »
Sorry, this conversation involves HIPPA violations. Lmfao.
(santa)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 06:17:14 AM »
this is really going around seems like everyone has it now. ive been sick since sunday just starting feeling better. negative home test.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Chris1389

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 06:50:28 AM »
this is really going around seems like everyone has it now. ive been sick since sunday just starting feeling better. negative home test.
When i had it 3 weeks ago my home test was negative too. Thats an on going issue now. The false negatives with those home kits.

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 11:02:05 AM »
I got it just a head cold nothing severe

Offline Appleman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Do it safely or not at all-- there is always time
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 09:21:08 AM »
Abbott Laboratories Stock (Abt) has been looking good--- they make one of the home test kits for Covid 19. 

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 12:39:49 PM »
i was down from December 23rd till new years, only had two bad days was like a cold on steroids, which maybe due to vaccination but who knows, stay safe every one
best of luck

Offline GrizG

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 01:54:02 PM »
For me the side affects of the booster were far worse than the first two shots... Coming from good authority, that apparently means my immune system is working correctly. Let's hope!  :)
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal