Author Topic: purple paint  (Read 874 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: purple paint
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 04:51:58 AM »
Dam trespassers lock them up and throw away the key..   ;D
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline LouieM

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 05:15:59 AM »
nowadays with smartphones, there is not even a good excuse such as being lost or you did not know where you were..  I am a big fan of the Onx app for property boundaries. 

Offline REELTHING

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 04:51:23 PM »
How accurate is onx hunt for property lines + or - minus and does it work if there is no cell service or wifi.

Offline LouieM

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2021, 08:16:38 AM »
How accurate is onx hunt for property lines + or - minus and does it work if there is no cell service or wifi.

Onx is pretty close and I use it as a rough estimate of boundaries.  Not accurate enough to survey a property but good enough to get an idea.  Great tool for e-scouting and exploring public land.  If you pay for the service it will also tell you property owners which is as accurate as the last time they've updated their maps from the county/state.  My local area shows the property owners as of about from a decade ago so still mostly accurate.

Speaking of property owners, I've noticed a lot of the hardwoods around me are owned by timber companies. Anybody ever have success getting permission to hunt from any logging companies?  ONX gives you the mailing address I have been considering writing a letter.