Author Topic: Lake George  (Read 867 times)

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
Lake George
« on: September 24, 2021, 06:13:04 PM »
Spent the week on Lake George trolling Sutton spoons on down riggers (pretty much the same setup we use on Moosehead Lake in Maine). Made a lot of passes thru the 100 foot deep water, only landed 1 and it was pretty small. We stayed about 7 miles north of million dollar beach, was quiet and good place to relax, but not too great for fishing (maybe I don’t know the secrets)

It seems odd, but almost all of the boat ramps on the east side are closed (I guess due to COVID), it’s pretty much million dollar beach - or nothing. If the others were open, they are priced awful high, like $50 just to use the ramp, and they charge more to park your truck and trailer. Million dollar beach is pretty reasonable, $10 and you can park all day - closes at 7PM.

Its a nice place, clear water … but it’s a little too populated for me. Next fall will be somewhere else.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline ole bleu

Re: Lake George
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 07:25:20 PM »
Not sure exactly the dates you fished but full moon just occurred and fishing always seems poor during that period of time in my experience on bigger waters

Offline Laundron

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 11:08:07 PM »
Heading up to Hague for a few days next week. If you are willing to go to the north end Mossy Point boat launch and Rogers Rock are free to put the boat in. It’s not as populated up there as well. We spend a lot of time fishing up there and love it.

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 07:05:28 AM »
I’ve launched out of Rogers Rock with my other boat a couple years ago, I agree … far less people. I rented a cabin with a dock last week, close to the deep water, just did hit the trout bite I was hoping for. We did get bass, perch and sunfish when we hit the coves to get out of the wind.

No matter … it was still better than workin'

Good luck!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal