General Category > General Discussions

Cool old find

<< < (2/2)

GrizG:
Cool stuff!  Me... I've stopped giving into the temptation of bringing home stuff I find in the woods... sheds, tools and guns excluded. The last were burglary proceeds. Assuming that was the case I let SP BCI take care of the retrieval and repatriation. I've found some really cool stuff over the years that would have been a lot of work to get out of the woods. For example, old grave stones, farm implements, and vehicles. The grave stones were really cool but there was that "what am I going to do with them?" question that made me drop the idea. Recently though, I saw a use for them!  I stayed at a friend's 18th century house in VT a few weeks ago that belonged to the governor of VT in the early 19th century. Old damaged grave stones were used for a sidewalk and a patio. Judging by the dates on the stones they were not there when the governor lived there. Then again, to create such a walk I'd have to find a lot more stones than the few I found while grouse hunting... I'm sticking with my plan to resist temptation. ;)

greensider:
I bring everything home lol this is what it looked like new made from 50s to 70s i was just informed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version