Author Topic: Togue  (Read 813 times)

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
Togue
« on: May 21, 2021, 11:22:59 AM »
Just got back from the yearly trip to Moosehead lake in Maine. Couple bad days, rain and wind - but we did get a few days of nice weather. We got some decent lake trout - they call them Togue up there. Last year we caught a couple brookies and a salmon - none this year - all lakers

Pic of my brother Terry with one of lakers - they were all 14 to a little over 18, we released all of them.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
Re: Togue
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 05:43:55 AM »
Looks cold Larry lol. Must be a great time up there. I never really spent any time in Maine except for on the coast. 
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline SHForestry

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
  • South Side Rod & Gun Club
    • Sheldon Hill Forestry Supplies Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 05:51:48 AM »
Sounds like you had a good time fishing with your bro. How did the new boat run?
http://shop.shforestrysupplies.com/                Forestry-Logging-Safety Equipment

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 06:42:33 AM »
We had a few nice days, got up to 70, but it was a bit cold on the water early in the AM. New boat worked out well, installed downriggers over the winter, most of the time we were using the elec trolling motor. The remote control and spot lock on the new trolling motors makes trolling pretty hassle free, once you get used to using the downriggers.

But, long haul - a little over 8 hours each way. We will prob try something else next year.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal