Author Topic: Screwed on another stocking??  (Read 833 times)

Offline swamplover11

Screwed on another stocking??
« on: April 11, 2021, 09:54:40 AM »
Another year of being screwed by the state stockers! Word is they stocked Ten Mile river in eastern Dutchess county on 27th of March(edited). Well I'll be damned if they put in anywhere near the number of fish they claim they did.

We (myself and three others) have yet to catch anything, see anything rise(huge hatch yesterday of small stone flies) or talk to anyone that has found them yet! Fished above and below all the bridges they would have stocked off of and came up empty handed for 4 days of wetting a line(including opening day).

Does anyone on this forum know who is supposed to stock, what hatchery they are to come from etc? This seems to be an on going thing with this river(creek). Now that there is nobody to witness the stockings or help in the process(due to coughcovidcough) to keep them honest, I can not help but wonder what the hell they are doing with all the fish that were supposed to go in that creek?

No way did it get fished out and no way so many are that bad of fisherman. These people have one simple job to do and seems they once again have failed!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Offline TRingler

Re: Screwed on another stocking??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 10:14:23 AM »
Being that its only April 11, you might want to try after May 27th......

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 10:47:27 AM »
So fish do not start eating now until late May?? :o  ???

This is not the first time the state has screwed the pooch on stockings! We have been fishing this creek for well over 30 years. Looking back @ past the stockings all seemed to go to chit around 2014.
Oddly enough Cuomo took office in 2011, hmm

Was just looking at old stocking numbers from 2018 (which were nonsense as I recall nobody was catching anything that year either).. stocking numbers went from almost 7000 in March alone for the creek(with later stocking followed) to 2021, 4334 in March with only that month stocking ??

Thinking Cuomo must be using fishing license/stocking money to build his bridge just like he did with the pheasant stocking money for past three years! Lets not forget his big fat raise he gave himself this year!!
Gotta wonder where his raise money came from when the State was on mostly lock down all year!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Offline seadog8

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 02:48:42 PM »
You put May in your original post. I think you meant March. The last poster was joking with you.

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 09:22:27 PM »
Hahaha dam it !! My bad ! Thanks Seadog!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal