Author Topic: Reservoir reports  (Read 4870 times)

Offline greensider

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
Reservoir reports
« on: April 05, 2021, 05:43:14 AM »
Figured I would start this one is anyone having any luck ye i am now just over 2 hours from Rondout and would like to take a ride in but want to see a couple decent reports first

Offline Gino_Alessandro

Re: Reservoir reports
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:50:45 AM »
Caught this 21"er Saturday trolling. Talked to one other boat trolling that got one brown about the same size.

Offline greensider

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:46:37 PM »
Thanks gino i am putting boats on western reservoirs now thanksgiving i am out here but still want to fish Rondout

Offline ruck

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 02:06:24 PM »
Thanks gino i am putting boats on western reservoirs now thanksgiving i am out here but still want to fish Rondout

I hope you're putting a boat on Pepacton, I know a guy who fishes there exclusively...The browns he gets there boggle my mind. Like anything else, knowing the land you hunt, or water you fish, extremely well, is priceless, and this guy does!

Offline greensider

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 06:53:06 PM »
Just picked up a boat for Papacton but already have boats I can use there as well

Offline greensider

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 07:07:58 PM »
Not sure how many of you reservoir fishermen have heard but a big California power company is trying to build a plant on Ashokan reservoir so it appears the tide has turned the dep used eminent domain to take peoples homes and destroying towns now it would appear the same thing may be used  on them to get this built

Offline Gino_Alessandro

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 10:10:58 AM »
I'm assuming fishing will still be allowed as usual? The only effect I've heard is more extreme fluctuations on the lower basin.

Offline greensider

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 08:21:27 PM »
I believe if this get pushed through it will only be the beginning of the end of what is now a fairly constant thing i am sure they will put one on every reservoir and levels will fluctuate far to much for boat use back when i fished the wallkill a lot i saw levels drop so fast from the power plant running we almost couldnít make it back to launch area

Offline ole bleu

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 08:41:18 PM »
Iíve read a little about this and deal with NYCDEP on a daily basis I find it hard to believe this will happen itís one of the strongest public water supplies in the country and Iím sure plenty of backing from the EPA will happen for them

Offline cityangler

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »
Not sure how many of you reservoir fishermen have heard but a big California power company is trying to build a plant on Ashokan reservoir so it appears the tide has turned the dep used eminent domain to take peoples homes and destroying towns now it would appear the same thing may be used  on them to get this built

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dep/news/21-008/dep-submits-comments-federal-energy-regulatory-commission-pumped-storage-hydropower-proposal#/0

I don't see this as a good thing for fisherman, I hope it doesn't happen.

Offline seadog8

• NYS Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »
Caught a 20" brown tonight at Lake Glenida on a shiner.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 06:32:46 AM »
You guys are on roll nice trout congrats. (beers)
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline greensider

• NYS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 07:01:26 AM »
Doing it right keep up the great work

Offline grazan

• "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 10:23:52 AM »
great fish guys ... someone has to teach me  .... about that STORED POWER plant ..... THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT .... some old timers will remember the CON ED proposal to build the same exact thing in CORNWALL in the 1960s ..... it was the first ENVIRONMENTAL lawsuit started AND won by ordinary citizens who showed all the flaws in the study and the negative impacts on fish specifically the STRIPED BASS ..... it was the reason the HUDSON RIVER FISHING ASSOCAITION was started and all the protection to clean the HUDSON ... THOSE narrow minded people approving the project should read THE HUDSON RIVER by Robert Boyle who was instrumental in derailing the project and saving the Hudson .... Theres smarter better ways to build power plants than this ..... heres some ancient history about it https://hvmag.com/archive/scenic-hudsons-50th-anniversary-a-history-and-the-17-year-battle-to-preserve-storm-king-mountain/ which is still relevant today
"FISHING IS A JERK ON ONE END OF  A LINE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER" Robert Hughes.. If you hunt or fish you should be a member of https://www.backcountryhunters.org, https://www.deerassociation.com/ AND https://www.nwtf.org/

Offline Relf25

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2021, 09:32:45 AM »
The proposed reservoir plan is officially dead for now. Thank god. Buddies have house for over 100years in woodland valley that wouldnít been in the middle of the proposed reservoir there. They should stick to destroying their own rat hole state of California
TEAM TAG OUT