Author Topic: new regulations  (Read 1948 times)

Offline striperman

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
new regulations
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:22:25 AM »
Has anybody heard anything about this?          https://hudsonvalleypost.com/new-regulations-for-trout-stream-fishing/                                                                                         
Golf,the art of playing fetch with yourself.

Offline Ziffystriperchum

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • FishRockFish! . . .RockFishRock!
    • Striperchum.com
"True Heaven can be found between the skin
and bones of a properly prepared Striped
Bass" . . .

Got Herring???

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Re: new regulations
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 10:30:22 AM »
Yup pretty stupid doing it just before opening day

Offline chris

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 12:40:49 PM »
Seems a bit confusing to me  ???

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »
Been watching this for the last 6 months..Catering to the fly fishermen is what they did here... Anyone who fishes the esopus from Oct 15th to Nov 30th with eggs or worms can no longer use that bait. 
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline Gino_Alessandro

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 03:41:54 PM »
At least during that time we can still use egg sacks from the Chimney Hole down to the mouth.

Offline rockdacasbah

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »
Umm Doe's this mean we can fish year round as long as we use artificial bait????

Offline Gino_Alessandro

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 11:33:47 AM »
Yes, in the streams.

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
Has anyone looked at the stocking for the Esopus?? Hint.. there is none! The powers that be decided there are plenty enough trout in that creek that it doesn't deserve stocking?? Last year only good thing about Esopus was no one was around due to the  scamdemic, which allowed you to fish spots that were usually over whelmed with tubers.
 Maybe I am wrong and they just didn't list the stocking for Esopus on the list? The interactive map showing what waters are stocked ,  Wild-Quality or Stocked-Extended etc. agrees with the Ulster stocking schedule showing no stocking.
 Please prove me wrong. Anyone know other wise??
🤬
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Offline Gino_Alessandro

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »
They're designating it a wild stream so no more stocking in the Esopus.

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 07:28:45 PM »
well I guess I can cross that creek off favorite waters now..there is no way that the rainbows will populate that stream enough to keep the numbers up in order to make it a good fishery.. between the number of fish dying off from incorrect handling and people keeping them..
Won't be good for business up that way at all.
WTG government! You found another way to help destroy the economy of small town USA!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »
Might be wrong but not sure they stocked rainbows in the esopus just thought it was browns only.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Offline swamplover11

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 05:52:34 AM »
pretty sure they only stocked browns and rainbows were natives? I guess from looking at regulations and what Gino said, they are not stocking browns any more.I just can't see the rainbow population being enough to keep  interest in the creek.

Offline LouieM

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 07:39:46 AM »
pretty sure they only stocked browns and rainbows were natives? I guess from looking at regulations and what Gino said, they are not stocking browns any more.I just can't see the rainbow population being enough to keep  interest in the creek.

Rainbow are not native in this area overall.  Brown Trout are not native either but they are stocked due to being more resilient 

Offline KillerCrow

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »
the rainbow trout, in the Espous, I believe have not been stocked since the whirling disease  struck a few of the states stocking facilities I think sometime early-90's, and due to the better survival rate and cost effectiveness the State switched to primarily brown trout, at that time all of the stocking in the Esopus changed.

the population we have been catching for 20+ years has been due to the Rainbow Trout, spring spawn run,  out of the Ashokan Reservoir
although the size for me the last few season's has been small, i regularly catch 8-10 fish an evening in the 8-14" range with the rare 18-20"er, in mid to late summer, on  wet flies

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal