Author Topic: Ammo shortage  (Read 2947 times)

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
Ammo shortage
« on: January 17, 2021, 08:31:53 AM »
This ammo shortage is getting worse ,and now people are panic buying ..
I can't even buy reloading components anymore ..certain primers are not available..

I cast some bullets , and wanted to buy a new 6 cavity 45 acp  bullet mold . I found them but,
they were 2x more expensive ...   

I know Obama was the best gun salesman , but I think Biden has him beat already!!
you cook good rabbit pilgrim

I don't get up at 4 AM to play catch and release .

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
Re: Ammo shortage
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 10:48:23 AM »
I was on a local auction site people were bidding on ammunition at ridicules prices more than double store prices

Offline jmack413

• NYS Supporter
  • vegetarian old indian word for lousy hunter,
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 10:44:09 PM »
if you want a good laugh, or maybe scare, go to gunBroker  and watch the ammo auctions as they end . going to be a long fight

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 11:33:14 PM »
if you want a good laugh, or maybe scare, go to gunBroker  and watch the ammo auctions as they end . going to be a long fight

Wow , people are crazy ...
3 or 4 times what ammo cost just last year ..

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 06:23:50 AM »
Like everything else we the consumer are responsible for what we pay if we hand more money over for something they will never Lower it

Offline Geezer

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 08:42:18 AM »
Well, I suppose that if someone used up what ammo he had during the last hunting season he would be willing to pay a high price for a box. That makes sense. A hunter with no ammo will pay whatever it takes to get a box rather than not hunt. The problem is the people who are in a panic and want to stock up now at any price because they are afraid that they won't be able to buy ammunition until the political pendulum swings back to the center. I hope those people are wrong.

Online GrizG

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:19 AM »
What the anti-gunners haven't been able to do to limit ammunition through various schemes (including per round taxes, ammunition registration, ammunition purchase cards, ammunition quantity limits, lead bans, ammunition sales only for calibers which documentation shows you own, etc.) the players in the market have...

Efforts at taxing include Seattle's $.05 per round ammunition tax https://www.nssf.org/seattles-gun-tax-pulls-in-pennies-predicted-fail/

Have you noticed that people arrested in D.C. recently have been charged with possession of unregistered ammunition?  https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/capitol-security-zone-arrests/2021/01/17/41c60318-58e2-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html
Whether this is an inaccurate press report or true is not known. God knows there are plenty of inaccurate articles in this age of understaffed news publications... I've provided information that led to corrected articles on numerous news sites (local and national) associated with print newspapers over the years.

Here's an example of where the market is being punished for it's actions. Cheaper Than Dirt:  https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2020/12/16/gun-website-price-gouging-pandemic/3932523001/

This meme is perhaps telling of things to come for many law abiding gun owners whereas in the past it was something more likely amongst those with nefarious intent.

NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA
Ruffed Grouse Society Mid-Hudson

Online GrizG

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »
I joking about the plastic bags and what does my son show up with for his .40 S&W... new ammo in a plastic bag from Bud's Gun Shop (of YouTube's Hickok45 fame). Apparently things are moving faster than I thought!

NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA

Offline bigfoot

• NYS STAFF
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »
A while ago I bought stock in Olin, they manufacture ammo and own Winchester. I bought some shares for my Granddaughter's college fund - still a few years off. Not a lot of shares - just toying in the market.

I just read that "While Olin Corporation (NYSE:OLN) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a significant share price rise of over 20% in the past couple of months on the NYSE."

The last time this happened was the Obama election, this was not too hard to predict. Hopefully they will crank up production before the prices get worse than they already are.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Online GrizG

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 10:29:46 AM »
This was posted to YouTube 12/18/20.

A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 05:38:40 AM »
I think he is making ammo.. Cool video.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..
 Follow me on Instagram..#newyorksportsmen

Online GrizG

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 11:54:36 PM »
A new video was uploaded today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zNNk130V0
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA

Online GrizG

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »
NRA Benefactor
NYSRPA

Offline Take Em

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
Thanks for sharing Griz

Online MUSKRAT

• NYS Supporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »
X2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal