Hunting- In The New York Area > New York Big Game Hunting

Looking to buy hunting land

(1/2) > >>

TomS:
Hey guys , lost my hunting spot of 25 years to a land trust, so I am looking to buy some acreage, just would like to know what areas have a good deer population. I want something close to me ( westchester  county) maybe around otisville, ellenville, liberty..rifle area.but have never hunted that area, can anyone give me some advice? Low taxes would be great too!

jdbbowhunter:
Don't know if low taxes is possible . But there is a lot of public land for hunting in Sullivan County. And if you get off the road some good hunting.

walkabout:
jdb is right lots of state land to hunt around that area also lots of DEP land around the reservoirs..

LouieM:
Between Liberty and bethel is beautiful country and lots of deer in and around the AG lands. Not to mention Antler restriction which everyone I talk to say they can tell the difference.  I had access to a 50 Acre chunk just outside liberty for 2 seasons - mostly hay fields. Great hunting. Property is not cheap.   I've been saving to buy some land that I can hunt so I am constantly on zillow and I will say prices are crazy these days considering it mostly gets bought up by developers. Until then I have been taking advantage of the amount of public land available.  If I were coming from down state I would also consider buying a few acres adjacent to state/dep land for a spot to base out of. 

Yotehntr:
Personally, I’d be looking into western Connecticut, if parameters are to stay close

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version